Show off your Junk (or current setup)

here is mine...luckily sitting just outside of the office door in the band room. My desk is just to the right of that window. Best. Practice. Space. Ever!!!! We use it as the jazz band set at school too
View attachment 97399

View attachment 97400

View attachment 97401
Re-reading this thread, I just noticed that you have 2 hi hats with one pedal facing away. Is that one stationary for use with the double bass pedal?

I’ve been looking at db pedals for a while, how do you like your DW (or did I get that wrong?)? The drummer at MGR said that he recommends a 2 legged hat stand for use with a db pedal but seems like the photos I’ve seen on here are more 3 legs than 2.

Re-reading this thread, I just noticed that you have 2 hi hats with one pedal facing away. Is that one stationary for use with the double bass pedal?

I’ve been looking at db pedals for a while, how do you like your DW (or did I get that wrong?)? The drummer at MGR said that he recommends a 2 legged hat stand for use with a db pedal but seems like the photos I’ve seen on here are more 3 legs than 2.

yeah...I keep it in "sizzle position" - partially open - for double bass stuff. It was on a whim since we have 3 other hi hat stands sitting in the band room...a poor man's X-hat! I would not be against a 2 legged hat stand either....

that DW is almost 30 years old!!! I really like(ed) it, but it is starting to show signs of 30 years of use...I think if I was to get new, I would be looking at the Pearl Eliminator stuff. All of the Eliminators I have tried feel great - I have a single Eliminator on the practice kit at my surf punk bands place as well

I know the are other more expensive DB peals I could get, but I don't see myself making money playing real fast double bass stuff int he future, so I don't think I could justify spending more than $500 for one

this would be choice #1

and this might even become #1 because of the sale...and I have wanted to try a longboard for a while...

but right now, there are about 10 other things "on the list" before a DB pedal

Last edited:
yeah...I keep it in "sizzle position" - partially open - for double bass stuff. It was on a whim since we have 3 other hi hat stands sitting in the band room...a poor man's X-hat! I would not be against a 2 legged hat stand either....

that DW is almost 30 years old!!! I really like(ed) it, but it is starting to show signs of 30 years of use...I think if I was to get new, I would be looking at the Pearl Eliminator stuff. All of the Eliminators I have tried feel great - I have a single Eliminator on the practice kit at my surf punk bands place as well

I know the are other more expensive DB peals I could get, but I don't see myself making money playing real fast double bass stuff int he future, so I don't think I could justify spending more than $500 for one

this would be choice #1

and this might even become #1 because of the sale...and I have wanted to try a longboard for a while...

but right now, there are about 10 other things "on the list" before a DB pedal
Hey thanks for the insight! I’m with you on other things taking precedence, but really want to get one for the halibut. For now I’ll keep using the hat stand to replicate the second bass pedal.

I am down to *just two* kits at the moment.

Ludwig Maple Classic in Gold Sparkle: 22x14, 16x16, 14x14, 13x9
DW Collectors in Natural to Rootbeer Burst Exotic: 22x18, 16x14, 12x9

The Ludwig is set up as a practice kit due to the pandemic.
I normally use Keropes (14 hats, 15 hats, 22, 20 medium, 18 crash rides)

178975277_2620836251549632_1010525083168088301_n.jpg

1.jpeg

I am down to *just two* kits at the moment.

Ludwig Maple Classic in Gold Sparkle: 22x14, 16x16, 14x14, 13x9
DW Collectors in Natural to Rootbeer Burst Exotic: 22x18, 16x14, 12x9

The Ludwig is set up as a practice kit due to the pandemic.
I normally use Keropes (14 hats, 15 hats, 22, 20 medium, 18 crash rides)

View attachment 103798

View attachment 103799

How do you find the sound between them? Do you prefer one over the other? I have a maple DW as well and was considering a Classic maple too.

How do you find the sound between them? Do you prefer one over the other? I have a maple DW as well and was considering a Classic maple too.

It depends on what I am doing, I think.
The DW has a big kick and can overpower some of the bands I play with- most notably the 6 piece functions band with horns and keys.
The Luddy is a better kit for that gig.

Love the Ludwig toms, especially the 13x9 rack.

But I can gig either in most situations.
Snares are DW Super Solid 14x5.5, a couple of DW ply in different sizes (14x4, 5.5, 6.5), DW Tasmanian Blackwood 14x6.5, DW BNOB 14x6.5 , DW Edge 14x6.5, Ludwig 400, 402, Van Kleef Titanium, Slingerland 14x5.5.

Back