Show Off Your DW Kit

SYMBOLIC DEATH

I forgot to add some information about my kit, which is a Keller era DW collectors drum kit finished in blue diamond The bass drums are 16x22. The toms are 8x10, 10x12, 12x14, 14x16, & 16x18 ( this was an ad on and doesn't match the rest of the kit. I have the matching snare to the kit which is 5x 14, but I usually use either my Spaun bell brass or my Tama hand hammered copper, both are 5.5x14, and have 3mm thick shell.

Last edited:

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
After 26 years onnYamah (with a quick back and forth to DW a few tears ago) I finally took the plunge and went full DW.

With huge thanks to old dutch drum forum member Animal aka Luuk.

8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x11, 16x13, 22x18 (2x) 21x16 (gong)

Collector’s Maple in Satin Specialty Cherry To Black Burst with Black Chrome hardware.

Born in 2003, 2006 (8” and gong drum) and 2007 (second kick) in mint condition.

Last edited:

Icetech

Gold Member
My cheapo Design kit.. I lust after other kits.. but in all honesty this cheap kit sounds so good i can never justify replacing it, about a week ago i was playing and thinking.. i have no use for another kit, this does everything fine :)
P.S. pic is about 5 years old.. Now with more cymbals, mostly Istanbul Mehmet sultans.

2015-05-23 22.49.39.jpg

And.. the one item i would grab if my house were on fire.. '67 Dyna.. it sat in the top shelf of a closet from 1974 til bout 3 years ago.. literally like new
(no pitting, just dust)

:)2017-11-05 16.44.25.jpg

dale w miller

Silver Member

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
This is my new DW Performance Series kit. I got it around Sept. 10th. Its a 7pc. in Black Diamond finish. The hardware is all DW 9000, and the cymbals are Zildjian. Sizes are 8-10-12-14-16 with a 14x6.5 floating snare and a 22x18 bass drum.
View attachment 96376View attachment 96377View attachment 96378
does the snare stay still or bounce. I don't like toms or snares that bounce when being played. I could never understand why Peart, with his money, always seemed to have drums that bounced on his riser.

madjack956

does the snare stay still or bounce. I don't like toms or snares that bounce when being played. I could never understand why Peart, with his money, always seemed to have drums that bounced on his riser.
That was the first question I asked the rep at Sweetwater when I was ordering the kit. He assured me it would not bounce. Being my skeptical self, I was worried I got the sales mans pitch, but much to my delight, he was correct.
It plays just like it was on a stand. And I love the fact you gain all that real estate underneath it which is why I bought it and the rack. I wanted a clean look without a lot of stands on the floor.
The only thing on my kit that moves (wobbles) is the high-hat stand, due to only having two legs and being on the carpet. I will find a remedy for that eventually.
I always wondered about Neil Peart's kit too. I chalked it up to the platform the kit was on.
That kind of stuff drives me nuts. My kit is pretty solid, then again, I don't bang on 'em like a chimpanzee. :cool:

p.s. I like your avatar. That's the man that got me started back in 1964.