Show Off Your DW Kit

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
Finally :D

Such thin and light shells. Icm with the Rims, the sustain is amazing. The Pinstripes are barely noticeable.

The 8'' tom (added later somewhere between '93 en '97) has a B in its serial number, what usually means Birch at DW.

Big thanks to Toby from Nashville Gear Factory, and getting the drums safely across the big pool.

Last edited:

Tommy_D

Platinum Member
Wouldn't it be better ecologically to buy second hand drums?
It would probably be better to buy no drums at all, but if you need to build drums to make a living, using a fast growing and sustainable tree like bamboo isn't a bad idea.

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
Finally together.

12x5 & 14x6 Maple/Brass Edge. Good for about 13.5kg in weight.

The Mag strainer and 3 point butt system are very nice. If they would broaden the bridge of the 3 point, its effectiveness could be even better.

The 12'' chrome hoops are on the way.

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
Finally chrome hoops on the 12'' Edge:

And updated more of the vintage kit, like upgrading the R.I.M.S. to the latest chrome brackets:

octatonic

After much time and deliberation I picked up a DW Collectors today.

I just wasn't prepared to pay the UK retail on a new kit (they are £5k now) so managed to get this Twisted White in 22x18', 16x16", 14x14", 12x9", 10x8", 8x7" and 14x5.5" for a pretty good price.

Last edited:

octatonic

I bought another one.
DW Collectors from 2006 in Ruby Red glass in 22x18, 16x14, 14x12, 12x9, 10x8, 8x8 sizes.
I mostly use it in this configuration:

I still have my white one pictured further up in the thread.
One for live, one for recording. :)

T_Weaves

Silver Member
I bought another one.
DW Collectors from 2006 in Ruby Red glass in 22x18, 16x14, 14x12, 12x9, 10x8, 8x8 sizes.
I mostly use it in this configuration:

I still have my white one pictured further up in the thread.
One for live, one for recording. :)

Really pretty. Nice buy.

joshvibert

I got a smoking deal on this Tobacco Burst Frequent Flyer ($750 + tax/shipping) from GC used. Will re-head and get some new pics soon. In the meantime, the kids like it and it sounds great!

joshvibert

I got the new heads in yesterday and got them installed and a quick tune up today. I like the Fiberskyn reso much better!