Show me your cymbal scale.

Peedy

Thank You Makinao.
I think I saw this a while back.
For vintage, I was wondering if unmarked cymbals would be traceable in their alloy composition based on weight.
Then you’re talking density on top of weight. You’ll need a special marked water tank for that. Last one I saw was in college. Then you’ll need a table that tells you the weight per square cm of both copper and tin. And then away you go. Specific Gravity here we come!

Edit - had no idea I’d remembered all that. Been thirty-five years since that class.

Last edited:

Peedy

Very nice and interesting, thanks.
I was able to justify the postal scale to my wife as she said she could use in the kitchen, this machine,... I’m not so sure I could lol
I know what you mean. I just never needed one, ever. They're important in some industries and to science but for us? Nah. I did dig up something that you SHOULD have for your scale(s).

Got a 50g and 100g weight for calibrating one of my scales a few years ago. It died but these live on. You just put it on your scale and hope it reads 50, 100 or 150 grams depending on which ones you use. if it's wrong, zero the scale out and away you go! I'm sure Amazon has them somewhere.

Pete

Weight.jpg

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Got a 50g and 100g weight for calibrating one of my scales a few years ago. It died but these live on. You just put it on your scale and hope it reads 50, 100 or 150 grams depending on which ones you use. if it's wrong, zero the scale out and away you go! I'm sure Amazon has them somewhere.
Or a nickle weighs 5g. Easy peasy, 5=5.