Shoulder pain because of snare height?

ZackP

So I’ve run into an interesting dilemma. My left shoulder has been feeling tense while playing. I have my snare about belt buck height and I sit a bit over 90 degrees. For some reason even with a flat snare it’s like my right arm rests but it’s high or something for my left. Lowering the snare more would mean having it flush with my legs.

ive thought about sitting higher to change my leg angle. But thus far I have no idea what’s up. Anyone deal with this before?

Pretty sure it’s a balance/posture change, maybe your throne positioned too far left and you’re compensating by raising your shoulder to hit the snare and toms. At any rate, you’re not relaxed. If you’re hitting the snare harder than before, that could also be contributing to the problem.
(My 2 cents...)

play it where it's easy to hit the centre of the head

Attachments

• 72983165_10159252262309778_7996549065800155136_n.jpg
    72983165_10159252262309778_7996549065800155136_n.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 5
So I’ve run into an interesting dilemma. My left shoulder has been feeling tense while playing. I have my snare about belt buck height and I sit a bit over 90 degrees. For some reason even with a flat snare it’s like my right arm rests but it’s high or something for my left. Lowering the snare more would mean having it flush with my legs.

ive thought about sitting higher to change my leg angle. But thus far I have no idea what’s up. Anyone deal with this before?

How would you describe the pain? Only while drumming, front part, side, down the arm, etc.

How would you describe the pain? Only while drumming, front part, side, down the arm, etc.
If you lift your arm up you can feel right near the socket and shoulder that your arm is being held up. It’s super weird because I keep my snare right around my knees and my arms right at my side.

Back