Should I upgrade my double pedal?

jwildman

I got a new kit because I need one for at my mom's and my dad's house. The kit is definatly better then the one I have now (Yamaha Stage Custom as aposed to a Tama Rockstar kit) and on my yamaha I plan to put the better of my cymbals and on the rockstar have my old B8's. I definatly want to get another double bass pedal for it but I'm not sure if it's worth the money. What I have now is a Gibralter Avenger II and I can go about 120-130 on it. Do you think I should take this chance as a way to upgrade my pedal to a Iron Cobra or should I wait till I increase my speed and just buy another Gibralter for my better kit?

MisterMixelpix

Silver Member
Do you feel like it's your skill holding you back or is there something wrong with the hardware that's preventing you from playing better (pedal lag, really dislike the drive, something).

If the pedal's in good shape, just use it for a while. The IC's won't magically improve your playing, so unless there's something REALLY wrong with your Avengers, don't worry about upgrading just yet.

jwildman

Do you feel like it's your skill holding you back or is there something wrong with the hardware that's preventing you from playing better (pedal lag, really dislike the drive, something).

If the pedal's in good shape, just use it for a while. The IC's won't magically improve your playing, so unless there's something REALLY wrong with your Avengers, don't worry about upgrading just yet.
At the end of the day I need another pedal. The main question I'm asking is which one it should be?

MisterMixelpix

Silver Member
Oh! Well, here's my general suggestion: look into a used DW5000, Iron Cobra, or Pearl Elims. They all go for around $200 used in great shape. Hit up a Guitar Center, see which you like best, and then hunt for deals.