Should I do it?

NerfLad

Silver Member
I'm dying not to...

Has anyone played these drums? I haven't heard much about them... they're the Meridian shells...

Attachments

• mapex.jpg
    mapex.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 324
If you love them, get them.

I would have a difficult time gigging with sizes that large but wow, what a huge sound indeed.

I honestly don't love them. I just think it would be super cool to have big drums and there's no cheaper way to get those sizes in maple that I'm aware of. Of course, I can't just throw the money around.... blah.

I honestly don't love them. I just think it would be super cool to have big drums and there's no cheaper way to get those sizes in maple that I'm aware of. Of course, I can't just throw the money around.... blah.

Then keeping with your original post question, "Should I do it?"

NO

I spent the last 3 years shopping for a second kit and only pulled the switch when I found a kit I absolutely fell in love with; sound, quality, finish & price.

If it was chrome hardware, and you really want those sizes.... I'd say yeah, but sleep on it for a few days or a week (they aren't going anywhere..). Then, if you still dig it, then go for it.
The black hardware looks cheap IMO, and would have little re-sale if you needed/wanted to sell the kit.

For the money those shells would serve you well for many years if you take care of them.

I'd say you answered your own question ;-)

I don't drop that kind of money on something I'm not truly into, the cool factor doesn't last long and once you start lugging a kit with drums that huge around that cool factor fades even faster.

I'd put my money towards a kit that I really like and am in to rather than one just because it would be cool to have those sizes.

I've got drums I love. I just wanted to know if the drumming hivemind thought it would be a good deal. I was doubtful I would spend the money but it was nice to have the input! :)

Maybe if I absolutely need those sizes for something... which I won't... I'll get them. Otherwise, meh.

I paid $1200 for my Ludwigs (26, 13, 16, 18). If I ever sold them, I'd probably get that back. I wouldn't throw that kinda cash into a Mapex Mydentity kit.​

Attachments

• Luddy1.jpg
    Luddy1.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Luddy2.jpg
    Luddy2.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 182
Harry's ended more discussions with that Ludwig photo .. I'm losing track. Sure fire way to do it :)

I say "No". With $1,000 you could get a Gretsch Renown maple kit instead - a way way better option that will hold it's value. And all maple is not created equal, too. Remember that. Anyway, I'm broke and envious so I'll just end this rant :)

You might be able to get the Ludwig centinnials zep kit if they still make them 14" tom instead a 13" thats what Bonham used plus you have a extra $300 approx. in your pocket.

Bonzolead

Back