Should I buy a pa speaker?

ManosMax13

I have two Mackie thump 15’s in my drum room. They’re plenty loud, but if I cranked them up to drum kit loud without hearing protection I’d be completely deaf in a week.

The reason I leave them set up is that my wife prefers to hear me drumming with music rather than listening to the drums alone.

But when I’m playing there are two closed doors between us, and I’m listening to both drums and music through sealed headphones at a much lower volume level.

I have to admit she doesn’t watch me play, and if she needs me for something she comes in with her ears plugged and waits for me to shut it down...or texts me 😂
Lol im a teen myself and because this is my first acoustic drumset and its been like a month in my house I dont use hearing protection I want to enjoy it first a bit, hence why I dont bash it;).

ManosMax13

I have two Mackie thump 15’s in my drum room. They’re plenty loud, but if I cranked them up to drum kit loud without hearing protection I’d be completely deaf in a week.

The reason I leave them set up is that my wife prefers to hear me drumming with music rather than listening to the drums alone.

But when I’m playing there are two closed doors between us, and I’m listening to both drums and music through sealed headphones at a much lower volume level.

I have to admit she doesn’t watch me play, and if she needs me for something she comes in with her ears plugged and waits for me to shut it down...or texts me 😂
Also the speaker that I wanna buy is 120W not 1300W like yours xd.

Bovine Joni

Just my .02, but I like playing to songs too. I'm setting up a new drum room and plan on getting an LG 300 watt shelf speaker system. It's around $100 and has wired and wireless connectivity. The 2 speakers can be setup wherever for stereo sound. It has plenty of amplified sound and bass for a good sized room. I've checked out some you tube reviews, and that's the route I'm going.
My old setup was 3 piece Klipsch computer speakers with sub, simple with just aux input. The cord started going in and out l crackling however. It had plenty of power over my drums as well.