Should I buy a house or this drumset?

Most folks have houses but very few have one of Ringo's kits. Maybe for an extra ten large they'd even throw some better hardware in the deal. Anyone with that kind of disposable income to throw around has more money than good sense.

I'd buy a house then build the exact same kit for a lot less money.
Call Ringo to sleep over at the new home and while there, he could play your drums!

I don't care for the finish, I'd just slap a coat of paint on them. The house painting can wait.

You can buy a house for $150k??

I don't think you can even buy one in Toxteth. Golly gosh.

Toxteth is actually a fairly decent area now. The riots happended 30+ years ago. This is the sort of stereotyping that Scousers hate.

Toxteth is actually a fairly decent area now. The riots happended 30+ years ago. This is the sort of stereotyping that Scousers hate.

Fair enough, I don't know, now. I lived there 30+ years ago. Try being a middle-aged non-white female Scouser drummer and talk to me about stereotyping.

Fair enough, I don't know, now. I lived there 30+ years ago. Try being a middle-aged non-white female Scouser drummer and talk to me about stereotyping.

My point exactly - castigating an area based on pre-conceived notions from three decades ago, when in really ridiculous amounts of work have been put in by the local community to turn the area around.

My point exactly - castigating an area based on pre-conceived notions from three decades ago, when in really ridiculous amounts of work have been put in by the local community to turn the area around.

Let's agree to differ, and let this thread continue in its original vein.

Maybe next year when you know who becomes president.

What's funny to me is if a company made drum wrap like that nobody would buy it for their drums.
If I wrapped my drum set in that wrap, almost nobody would like it.
And I if tried to sell my drum set that was wrapped like that, nobody would buy it.

Oh man what a serious waste of money. You'd have to have more money than sense.

What's funny to me is if a company made drum wrap like that nobody would buy it for their drums.
If I wrapped my drum set in that wrap, almost nobody would like it.
And I if tried to sell my drum set that was wrapped like that, nobody would buy it.

Perhaps it isn't really a Ludwig kit but one made by SJC! They seem to make hideous finishes (though I recently saw a member post a gorgeous one) that people flock to.

Oh man what a serious waste of money. You'd have to have more money than sense.

I was certain that was the reason I'm a drummer to begin with. God knows there's other pursuits in life that are less expensive.

Back