Shortboard(?)vs. Longboard

ahriman22

Sorry, don't know if the shorter ones are called shortboards or not.

What's the difference? Are longboards for people with bigger feet, like mine are size 14. I've never really understood the difference.

Its more of a feeling I'm guessing. I think longboards give your foot more leverage as opposed to the taller heel plate. Most people want a very slim heel plate, ie: pearl elims, yamaha, tama. Other people like ones with a plate that sticks up higher DW and so on.

Hi ahriman22,

I'm not sure if this is the pedal you are referring to. It's called the DW5000ADH or the heel less pedal. The footboard length is exactly the same as a regular pedal. The only difference is that there is no heel plate.

Mike Packer

Attachments

• 5000ADH.jpg
    5000ADH.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2,308
Shortboards and longboards is primarily used to describe two variants of Axis pedals:

compareLB_250H.jpg

They have differing leverages and feel and aren't made with foot size in mind. Some people choose longboards because they facilitate the execution of heel-toe technique, but for most it is primarily a feel thing.

Part of it is being able to play further back on the pedal-board. Not better for either, just a "feel" thing.

Shortboards and longboards is primarily used to describe two variants of Axis pedals:

compareLB_250H.jpg

They have differing leverages and feel and aren't made with foot size in mind. Some people choose longboards because they facilitate the execution of heel-toe technique, but for most it is primarily a feel thing.

Thanks man, I wasn't totally sure but I've heard most people say exactly that.

Not only facilitate,for some guys with big feet like me,it's just about impossible to play heel-toe on shorter footboards. Also, for me at least, there's no technique that i know of that you can do on a shortboard that you can't do on a longboard.

Back