Shopping for a Pearl Redline Eliminator Double Pedal

MrLeadFoot

Silver Member
If it matters for a point of reference, I was a pro drummer way back, and have been semi-pro off and on for many years since, playing a bit of everything from pop to rock to jazz-fusion to funk to R&B to country to classic rock, but no metal.

After switching from my Ludwig Speed King Direct Drive to a chain drive when they first came out, once I got used to it I've been playing a DW5000 Turbo Single Chain for about 30 years now, having switched to a 5002 Single Chain about 12 years ago. I've been looking for a new pedal for about 5 years now, having tried the obvious standards like the DW5002 double-chain Accelerator, DW 9002, Demon Drive, etc. I find that I like some things in all of them, yet something else always makes them all equally lousy for me. For example, to name a couple of things, I feel like I'd like a cam in between the Turbo and Accelerator models offered up by DW, but they don't make one. I've always liked Tama hardware, it doesn't seem like you can adjust their pedals to feel a bit lighter.

The Eliminators seem to have non-starters like those covered with their myriad of adjustments, so I've stopped trying different pedals, and believe the Eliminators are the smartest option, and am finally ready to take a chance and purchase one, and while I can do Amazon Prime for the best service, I have to pay California sales tax which essentially means I have to pay for that service. So, I thought I'd check on this forum to see if anyone knows where I might get a good deal (forum sponsors most welcome). If so, please forward or link me to:

Total Price (hopefully tax and shipping are $0)
Availability
Warranty
Return Policy
(I hope to never have to use the last two)

I apologize if I sound like a mooch, but all the little costs, like the $800+ I have in drum rack clamps alone, associated with playing drums has made me one! :)

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Of course, if anyone wants to offer differing or agreeable opinions as to my pedal choice, I'm all ears. After all, this is a discussion forum. :)

Last edited:
I've played nothing but Pearl pedals, as well as Pearl drums, for many years now and have never been disappointed. I currently use a Pearl Eliminator Demon Drive and love it. It's pricey, but I know it will serve me for years to come. I don't think you can go wrong with any Pearl pedal.

Eliminator is the greatest pedal ever. If you cannot find a combination for you; quit playing. Infinite adjustments

I've played nothing but Pearl pedals, as well as Pearl drums, for many years now and have never been disappointed. I currently use a Pearl Eliminator Demon Drive and love it. It's pricey, but I know it will serve me for years to come. I don't think you can go wrong with any Pearl pedal.
The Demon Drive didn't feel right to me when I tried it a while back.

Eliminator is the greatest pedal ever. If you cannot find a combination for you; quit playing. Infinite adjustments
That's why I'm looking at it. My first DW5000 had a linear Turbo cam. When I decided to look for a double pedal 20+ years later, I didn't realize they had since developed an off-axis Accelerator cam, which was on the new double pedal I bought. No matter what adjustments I made to the one I bought, it was just too aggressive for me. I just couldn't play it as well as I could my linear cam model, so much so that I suddenly found myself struggling with doubles, let alone triples. It felt out of control. It was also huge compared to my single chain pedal, like overkill huge. At least that's what I thought until I tried a DW9002 for its multiple cam angle setup. But that was even more ridiculously humongous, so I crossed it off the list.

I sold the 5002 Accelerator when I happened across a new, old-stock single chain Turbo double pedal which was much better, and have been using it for the last 12 years.

Now, I want to move towards a more aggressive cam, but i don't want to jump from one extreme to another, like you have to with DW pedals. I figure the Eliminator cams provides the option to move to more aggressive cams gradually, which makes more sense, and I should be able to stop my progression when I hit the level that I'm looking for. So, the more adjustments, the better, I think.

Last edited:
That's why I'm looking at it. My first DW5000 had a linear Turbo cam. When I decided to look for a double pedal 20+ years later, I didn't realize they had since developed an off-axis Accelerator cam, which was on the new double pedal I bought. No matter what adjustments I made to the one I bought, it was just too aggressive for me. I just couldn't play it as well as I could my linear cam model, so much so that I suddenly found myself struggling with doubles, let alone triples. It felt out of control. It was also huge compared to my single chain pedal, like overkill huge. At least that's what I thought until I tried a DW9002 for its multiple cam angle setup. But that was even more ridiculously humongous, so I crossed it off the list.

I sold the 5002 Accelerator when I happened across a new, old-stock single chain Turbo double pedal which was much better, and have been using it for the last 12 years.

Now, I want to move towards a more aggressive cam, but i don't want to jump from one extreme to another, like you have to with DW pedals. I figure the Eliminator cams provides the option to move to more aggressive cams gradually, which makes more sense, and I should be able to stop my progression when I hit the level that I'm looking for. So, the more adjustments, the better, I think.

Right on, there’s 6 different cams you can get for it, 4 come stock

Total Price (hopefully tax and shipping are $0)
Availability
Warranty
Return Policy
(I hope to never have to use the last two)
California you say - why pay taxes for something like this to come in across state lines? Very good pedal indeed. Check out the LA area or specifically Bentleys in Fresno!
I know recently a few forum members had a time with them. But walk in Bentleys and it’s by far the best place I have ever walked into hugely underrated as an American flagstaff for drum gear.
A week and half I got my Pearl P3002D brand new for around $650 free shipping I live in Colorado so paid my state tax, with 6 year factory warranty. My favorite piece of gear right now by far.

California you say - why pay taxes for something like this to come in across state lines? Very good pedal indeed. Check out the LA area or specifically Bentleys in Fresno!
I'm confused. If I do as you say, I would end up having to pay sales tax for sure, because I am in California. I do agree, though, that there is no drum store anywhere like Bentley's. It truly is a drum emporium!
I know recently a few forum members had a time with them. But walk in Bentleys and it’s by far the best place I have ever walked into hugely underrated as an American flagstaff for drum gear.
A week and half I got my Pearl P3002D brand new for around $650 free shipping I live in Colorado so paid my state tax, with 6 year factory warranty. My favorite piece of gear right now by far.

I'm confused. If I do as you say, I would end up having to pay sales tax for sure, because I am in California. I do agree, though, that there is no drum store anywhere like Bentley's. It truly is a drum emporium!
My apologies I misread and thought of the quirks of California, and thought there was logistics or commerce tax.
Oh well, it’s ironic you are looking out of state, I often wind up getting something from California. Maybe I should be more thrift minded about these things...

My wife and daughter are from Fresno, I love to check them out when I can. Right now they have a nitron yellow Gretsch USA Custom from jasper a stunner of a kit.
I saw a DW timeless timber Great Lakes kit 3 up 2 down that had a sticker of $10k, this was back in ‘03 - Bentleys is very boutique and expansive drum oasis.

My wife and daughter are from Fresno, I love to check them out when I can. Right now they have a nitron yellow Gretsch USA Custom from jasper a stunner of a kit.
I saw a DW timeless timber Great Lakes kit 3 up 2 down that had a sticker of $10k, this was back in ‘03 - Bentleys is very boutique and expansive drum oasis.

And expensive

If I do as you say, I would end up having to pay sales tax for sure, because I am in California.

The only states that currently do not have internet sales tax are:

Alaska
Delaware
New Hampshire
Montana
Oregon

Everywhere else has sales tax for online purchases. Legislation was passed in 2018 to make this happen. Just go to your local store.

Back