Shariq Tucker (a young prodigy from the Bronx)

You did post another solo with an edit I think, and even called it "complicated" but I sat through half of it(bored) and did not see anything I would call complicated. I guess I'm just really not impressed with solo stuff much unless it really brings something new to the table.
We've already established that.
How long do you have to keep writing the same things?
We get it right the first time, now stop trolling.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
We've already established that.
What? That I'm going in circles with you?
How long do you have to keep writing the same things?
As long as I see posts I'd like to respond to.
We get it right the first time, now stop trolling.
The simple fact you don't like my sentiments does not at all constitute trolling. Trust me, if I was trolling, you'd know it. This is simply my annoyance at the decree of "young prodigy" for a dude in his late 20's that's been playing for most of his life and got where he is through hard work, not by being a kid prodigy noticed only for his age. I repeatedly asked if we could turn this into a discussion about the actual drumming, or music, and repeatedly, you and oldschool tried to turn this back into an age thing.

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
..and repeatedly, you and oldschool tried to turn this back into an age thing..

Nothing that i write on this forum is meant personal, because i really think that i could get along pretty well with most of the people here when i would sit with them in one room, but i have to say that you have a little a weird way of discussing Watso..At least in my opinion..

Tucker is 26 and in the opinion from the thread starter thats young and he made a little the mistake by saying that he thinks thats young, because after that your first reply in this thread was basically only about his age, starting with..:

.."Prodigy" and "young" are very flexible/subjective terms I guess. He's a good player, but doesn't stand out much to me from other busy gospel-ey players..

Then in your second reply in this thread again you reacted to his age with saying that..:

.. lots of others in that age range can play like that..

The only thing i basically asked from you, is to say something substansive about that statement and then you start constantly asking this..:

..Again, what does "play like this guy" mean?..
Which is a little weird, because you yourself started speaking like that (see quotes)..Not me, not the thread starter, not anyone else in this thread..

And now, you yourself, who basically started the whole age discussion, are allready busy almost 12 replies telling people that they kinda have to shut about age and that age is not relevant..lol..

I mean, are you seeing yourself also a little the joke about that..?

Thats meant as rhetorical question btw, because if you would not have mentioned me, i would not have replied here anymore, since the complete conversation to me makes no sense..

And btw, i just looked some more of his videos (for example that J. Cole cover) and i think you will actually have a hard time to find lots of people in that age range who can play like that..

And then i let you decide what 'play like that' means, since you brought up the term..lol..

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
LOL dude. The mental gymnastics required to say that I'm the one harping on age are beyond hilarious. My entire point the entire time is that it has nothing to do with age and he's not some child prodigy. Trying to change this into something it's not isn't going to get you anywhere. Hoping that I'll simply stop refuting nonsense when I see it is pointless, too. I have a ton of patience for explaining things over and over since I work in IT.

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
..LOL dude. The mental gymnastics required to say that I'm the one harping on age are beyond hilarious..

..I have a ton of patience for explaining things over and over since I work in IT..

These 2 sentences from that post show exactly what i meant with one of my other posts in this thread..

Thats internetforum-behaviour, trying to make the other look stupid while saying nothing relevant or substansive yourself..

And like i said, i am not taking that personal and i am also not offended, but that just shows how internetforums work..Someone can post YT-videos of some amazing drumming and there will always be the people that start like..: "i see nothing complicated" or "i can also play like that" or "he holds his right stick in a wrong way" etc etc etc etc..

Some people just want to also be seen as 'one of the guys' and they always have to be right in the end, but i would have been more impressed if you would actually have said something substansive in this case..

And i will leave the last word for you, no matter how provocative you will reply, because for sure the last word is what you want..

And if not, then not, thats also ok..lol..

Last edited: