Separates the men from the boys

GOOSE72

Yes. We’re probably the only one in SoCal 😉

All good. One thing that makes me pause at some comments on this site regarding gear, heads, stick control, cymbals you name it. You are in a Devo cover band. I did not know that until now but if you gave me advice on anything regarding drums and I knew that you were in a Devo cover band. I would stop and think no thanks. I'm into anything BUT Devo. So with that music is dynamic and opinions vary. Good luck Bo. Appreciate you.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
All good. One thing that makes me pause at some comments on this site regarding gear, heads, stick control, cymbals you name it. You are in a Devo cover band. I did not know that until now but if you gave me advice on anything regarding drums and I knew that you were in a Devo cover band. I would stop and think no thanks. I'm into anything BUT Devo. So with that music is dynamic and opinions vary. Good luck Bo. Appreciate you.
Well, other than thinking, “who said I’m giving you advice?” I’ll just look puzzled at this statement and move on.

GOOSE72

Well, other than thinking, “who said I’m giving you advice?” I’ll just look puzzled at this statement and move on.
You are in a Devo cover band your picture on this site is a girl when your a dude. That puzzled me at first but now I'm over it and moved on. You are a Platinum Member here you have given lots of advice to folks. It would be better if you were honest though about Devo and your picture. Anyway all good. Appreciate you!!

Steady Freddy

Pioneer Member
You are in a Devo cover band your picture on this site is a girl when your a dude. That puzzled me at first but now I'm over it and moved on. You are a Platinum Member here you have given lots of advice to folks. It would be better if you were honest though about Devo and your picture. Anyway all good. Appreciate you!!

Hey Goose. Are you a German Shepard? Asking for a friend.

GOOSE72

This is for you J-Boogie it's not drum related but I think sometimes we all need to lighten up a bit.

gish

Bo, so you’ve done these one man band type of gigs in the past, not just a neighborly get together but actual gigs? Geez. I sing back up vocals/harmonies, and lead on a song or 2 along with playing the kit. Being the lead singer in a cover band, having to sing most or all of the songs is tough enough as is. Singing EVERY song, along with handling the drumming? That cannot be easy; getting a sore throat thinking about it lol.

GOOSE72

Bo, so you’ve done these one man band type of gigs in the past, not just a neighborly get together but actual gigs? Geez. I sing back up vocals/harmonies, and lead on a song or 2 along with playing the kit. Being the lead singer in a cover band, having to sing most or all of the songs is tough enough as is. Singing EVERY song, along with handling the drumming? That cannot be easy; getting a sore throat thinking about it lol.
gish, bo is very talented. I certainly cannot do what bo does. That cannot be easy.

gish

gish, bo is very talented. I certainly cannot do what bo does. That cannot be easy.
I can sing lead while handling kit duties; not a problem. But I don’t think I could sing every song on a 4 hour cover gig; you’re talking 50-55 songs. I’m talking about strain on the ol” vocal pipes.

notvinnie

I'm into anything BUT Devo.
Devo was revolutionary. I recall reading an interview with Terry Bozzio who said that the Devo version of the Stones' "Satisfaction" inspired his approach to drumming on songs like "Rendezvous 602" by UK. Many people may be put off by Devo's seemingly commercial simplicity, but they were actually pushing many boundaries.

Last edited:

GOOSE72

Devo was revolutionary. I recall reading an interview with Terry Bozzio who said that the Devo version of the Stones' "Satisfaction" inspired his approach to drumming on songs like "Rendezvous 602" by UK. Many people may be put off by Devo's seemingly commercial simplicity, but they were actually pushing many boundaries.
Alright I will revisit DEVO. It is quite possible I missed a opportunity to appreciated the music skills of DEVO. Appreciate you notvinnie.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Yep. It’s been about 20 years ago now. I initially did it with an Octapad triggering a Roland R5, then got into the Zendrum ZX triggering the same R5. It was fun. Before I put that career on the shelf, I went back to playing real drums because nothing beats real drums (and people were forgetting I actually played drums) and I loved it. I guess I always took the singing for granted because I never thought anything about singing everything for four-five hours. I had access to working singers who were always helpful whenever I asked about how to take care of your voice since they did it for a living.

getting back to the OMB is funnier than I thought it would be and it’s socially acceptable in these weird times!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member

Hey, if people don’t get that they were pushing limits and even doing songs takes quite a bit of rehearsal, that’s not my problem. The feather in my cap is when hardcore fans come up to us and tell us we nailed the music. That kinda makes my night.