Selling my Tama Starclassic - what do you think I could get for it?..

RussJames

So I bought this kit in about 2006 and have since moved from appartment to appartment and have had little chance to slam away on it. I've found myself strapped for cash at the moment and have finally decided to let her go... I bought the kit used about 7 years ago, and I want to say it's about 10 or 11 years old. It's in good condition with a couple scratches and dings that you'd expect of a 10 year old drum kit. I plan on selling it all in one package (kit, cymbals, hardware, pedals etc.)... and so I've come to you guys to give me an idea of what you think I could get for it. Here's the add I posted on Craiglist and Bismanonline...

http://www.bismanonline.com/tama_starclassic_drum_set

Amateur or professional, any response will be very much appreciated. Thanks folks.

larryz

Platinum Member
I wouldn't ask more than $1,000. That seems about right for everything in this economy. Good luck.

Slippy

depends on how fast you really want to sell it... $1,000 - $1,200 might take a month or more to sell from what i see on my local craigs list... There are a few Birch SC kits for sale on CL they are asking anwhere from $650 - $900 but they have been there awhile.

Kelly!

I'd like to think you could get more than a grand, what with all the cymbals and hardware. That being said, there's been an older 3 piece starclassic kit on my local ATL craigslist for about a year now. They went from $600, to $500, to $350 now...I guess it depends on the market out there. If I were you, I'd say $1500 OBO. I do agree with the other posters though. I think $1000 would make for a faster sale. Good luck bro. They look nice. Somebody will pick em up.

RussJames

So.. Are you guys saying not over $1,000 for just the drums, or the entire package including cymbals, hardware, and extras?? I thought I could get at least $1,500 for all of it but maybe I could be wrong... I figured the drums themselves were about $600, the cymbals about $400, and all the hardware and extras about $500...

Slippy

post it up and craigslist for $1500 and see what happens. The kit is worth the money its just a matter for finding the buyer.... if it dosent sell in 4-5 days start lowering the price go down $100 a week ...i bet it sells by 3 weeks.