Selling my drum gear

thanks everyone for the replies so far. I live in Canada (near Toronto, Ontario) so already my options are limited. If I post on ebay though, with the cheap Canadian dollar, there may be deals to be had.

My thoughts were to use local listings for relatively inexpensive gear. But for the better quality stuff, to leverage ebay.

I think that confirming I have multiple items up and offering package deals is a good suggestion....
Don't forget about Kijiji. Wishing you all the best!

These are the saddest threads.

Another vote to keep a basic kit for yourself. C'mon, its not like your new child won't go to college if you keep a basic setup. It's a good thing to have in common with your children, music. It really lessens the generation gap :)

Think of the quality hours you guys can spend.

Certainly worth more than a couple hundred bucks.

This thread is 18 months old.

As sure as I am that he's appreciative of the advice offered in the last 24 hours, what's the chances Hewitt is actually still labouring over this decision?

It was Paul who resurrected this thread, he didn't acknowledge that it was an old thread, so yea it was kinda his mess :)

Bad Paul!

It was Paul who resurrected this thread, he didn't acknowledge that it was an old thread, so yea it was kinda his mess :)

Bad Paul!

Hey man, I had something to say. I did a search, and this is what came up. My comment was somewhat related, but it didn't pertain to the OP's situation because I knew the thread was old.

Sorry for causing any confusion...

Hey man, I had something to say. I did a search, and this is what came up. My comment was somewhat related, but it didn't pertain to the OP's situation because I knew the thread was old.

Sorry for causing any confusion...

Well I guess penguins and deserts are somewhat related too :p

Ah man I'm just breaking your balls. You're fun like that.

:)

He's just making you feel bad for not being as savvy as he is with these threads.

Would have thought after all this time you'd have known me better than that mate.

I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad. More just highlighting that any advice offered is well and truly redundant. May as well save your time and energy for something a little more up to date.

Would have thought after all this time you'd have known me better than that mate.

I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad. More just highlighting that any advice offered is well and truly redundant. May as well save your time and energy for something a little more up to date.
I apologize for my insolence. I should have never resurrected this thread. And, you're one of the coolest dudes on this website. No doubt about that, mate.

I apologize for my insolence. I should have never resurrected this thread. And, you're one of the coolest dudes on this website. No doubt about that, mate.

Well here's my 2 cents.

The good part is that the second post in this thread is great information. It helped me, I've got stuff I want to sell.
And Mr Zephyr your subject matter fit right in with this topic.

The bad part is we never found out how things went with Hewitt2.
And you should have mentioned that this is an old thread. (And it's fun to see Larry's mean side.)

Burn him! Burn him at the stake!!!

...or worse yet: tie him to a stake and sell his drum gear in front of him for pennies on the dollar! Mwa-ha-ha-haaaa!!!
Man, that'd be one of the worst things I can think of that you could do to me. My instruments are all I care about. I'm kinda glad nobody is biting on that snare. We're still early in the game though.

Edit: I just looked for my snare on Craigslist and there is one exactly like it also for sale for only $150. So I took mine down off Craigslist. Heck I paid $300 for mine. I can't match that $150 deal. That's just smokin'. What luck I have, eh?

THanks Jim, you're right, bad thread etiquette. It was fun to see Larry's mean side. Haha!

Guitar Center if you have one nearby. You can go to Ebay or numerous other places and get an idea of the worth of each item. They obviously won't give you retail value but I find them to be more than fair. Takes all the aggravation out of advertising, having people come to your house, everybody trying to barter you down. Nice and easy. You walk out with a check in your hand. If you don't like the deal, you're free to walk.

Back