Selling and Buying Etiquette

BabyBob

Silver Member
Hi it's me again,

I just wanna ask what are the Etiquette for selling and buying things? Today just today, a seller accused me of not turning up on time and he himself stated the time and I confirm with him where and when to meet up but then he didn't, he only came like 1hour later. During then I already left, after that when I went home I received a hate message from the seller saying I wasted his time blabla...seriously? He was the one who said the time and place and blamed me...

So I just want your opinion on who is wrong and how to prevent this kind of cases next time.

Thanks.

PS Really sorry for the rant...I was really angry :\

Last edited:
I don't know how it is in the rest of the world, but... just recently buying things second hand got accepted in Sweden. The people on sites like our equivalent of Craigslist are often weird people (with exceptions, of course) with temper out of this world. Luckily, when dealing with drums, I haven't stumbled upon any of them.

One time when I sold a pair of fancy expensive designer shorts the guy buying, I guess, forgot his adress. I asked if he forgot and could tell me, he replied with acting like an ass. People these days. Dafuq.

Sounds like you were the responsible one and the seller was a jerk about his mistake.

I meet at a public place, unless I'm selling something that can't easily be transported. Of course, we both agree on the time. I have the other party call me when they're leaving so I have a clue they are legit. If it is near my house, I have them call me when they arrive at the meeting place. Then I proceed to meet them. I've had good luck so far, sometimes you can get a good "feel" about things during the first call.

Do get their cell phone of course.

With all these online deasl - i get cel numbers and names FIRST. that means peopel are accountabel to their identity, not some bizarre email/name.Avoids scams, many fo thsoe on clist.
If you're the buyer, everything should be done at your convenience - your time. Unless you want to act fast and snatch some deal up before others.
If you're the seller- you have to bend to their time/place for sale, IF you want to sell your items. 1st buyer as interest in your ad drops off after the first few days.

Seems like you did right. I give people 15 minutes past ..... and then if they ain't a very, very good friend, I'm in the wind.​
They were late, and then they sent you a "hate message"! Nope, that don't fly. I don't have enough middle fingers for people like that. Move forward and find a different buyer.​

I don't know how it is in the rest of the world, but... just recently buying things second hand got accepted in Sweden. The people on sites like our equivalent of Craigslist are often weird people (with exceptions, of course) with temper out of this world. Luckily, when dealing with drums, I haven't stumbled upon any of them.

One time when I sold a pair of fancy expensive designer shorts the guy buying, I guess, forgot his adress. I asked if he forgot and could tell me, he replied with acting like an ass. People these days. Dafuq.

Yea, really disappointed :\ Maybe next time I should bring more people in case someone try to be and arse.

Sounds like you were the responsible one and the seller was a jerk about his mistake.

I meet at a public place, unless I'm selling something that can't easily be transported. Of course, we both agree on the time. I have the other party call me when they're leaving so I have a clue they are legit. If it is near my house, I have them call me when they arrive at the meeting place. Then I proceed to meet them. I've had good luck so far, sometimes you can get a good "feel" about things during the first call.

Do get their cell phone of course.

I see, thanks for the tips next time I'll call 1st. But tbh I already called a few times voice mail arghh :(

With all these online deasl - i get cel numbers and names FIRST. that means peopel are accountabel to their identity, not some bizarre email/name.Avoids scams, many fo thsoe on clist.
If you're the buyer, everything should be done at your convenience - your time. Unless you want to act fast and snatch some deal up before others.
If you're the seller- you have to bend to their time/place for sale, IF you want to sell your items. 1st buyer as interest in your ad drops off after the first few days.

I see, thanks for the tips. Really appreciate it. C= Though sometimes it's quite hard (for me at least) to tell from scams and those that are for real =(

Any tips? Or it's just come from experience?

Seems like you did right. I give people 15 minutes past ..... and then if they ain't a very, very good friend, I'm in the wind.​
They were late, and then they sent you a "hate message"! Nope, that don't fly. I don't have enough middle fingers for people like that. Move forward and find a different buyer.​

Yea, I'd only have 2 middle fingers :(

Thanks for the advice though.

Back