Selling 9 pc Tama Superstar

amoreno

I don't know much about the drum set. See, I inherited this. I know it's a Tama Superstar from the 80's I'm guessing? 2 bass drums, 4 toms, 2 floor toms, and the original snare. I have hi-hats, multiple crashes, rides, chinas?, and a splash, DW5000 double bass pedal, amongst others. How much is something like this worth? Any help is greatly appreciated. PM me for questions or if interested in buying in order to figure things out.

That could be a total score for someone that appreciates what they are. I had a Superstar from the '80s and it was a great kit, but they definitely don't make 'em like that anymore - for better or worse.

I'd put up some pics and let us have a look. You might start by watching ebay for a while. Superstars come up there from time to time and that would be a good way to get a sense for what people are paying for similar drums.

Armed with that info, you could post them on Craigslist or even ebay.

Local drum shops (not Guitar Center) might also be able to give you an idea. Selling at one on consignment is an option, too.

One last thing: I'd separate out the drums and cymbals. Sell them separately, especially if the cymbals are really nice. You don't want to go throwing those in with the drums and leaving a bunch of money on the table, so to speak. The cymbals, depending on what they are and how many, could be worth more than the drums.

Again, post some pics and let's see what you've got.

Yes post pictures. If what you have is in great condition you could have very nice drum set on your hands. I'm guessing it's in the big power tom sizes which many people love. I would also sell the cymbals separately, it will be easier to sell everything that way.

Back