Self Quarantine with the Gretsch!

dwsabianguy

It’s self quarantine season so I’m spending a lot of time at home puttering around. After the Rush tribute efforts earlier this month I decided to set up a four piece of green Gretsch in the studio. Okay, they’re Caribbean Blue. And then I added a 10” tom, then the 13, then an 8...

I remember this kit from an earlier video you did—that finish makes me absolutely weak in the knees. Fantastic playing, too!

rhumbagirl

Nice playing and nice drum sound. I couldn't help but notice the computer monitor behind you and the progressing pink status bar. What kind of DAW is that, and generally what equipment are you using for your recording setup? Thanks

dwsabianguy

Another video with the same drums, but this time I've got my '79 LM402 in the basket.

Nice playing and nice drum sound. I couldn't help but notice the computer monitor behind you and the progressing pink status bar. What kind of DAW is that, and generally what equipment are you using for your recording setup? Thanks
That's Pro Tools. The main rig is pretty complicated, but it's basically just a lot of cool mic pres hooked up to an RME Fireface 802, tracking at 48kHz. The DBX rack has a couple compressors and gates but needs a new power supply so it's not being used. The screen behind me is an Apple Thunderbolt display.

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 2.26.55 PM.png

TK-421

Great sounding kit, and nice playing too. Are those clear Emperors on top? I’ve been playing coated Ambassadors on my Renowns the last couple years, and coated Emperors before that. I’ve been contemplating switching to clear Emperors just to change things up, and the sound of your kit almost has me convinced to do so.

I’m also digging your reverse rack tom setup, especially with that 8” all the way on your right.

Funny, when I was watching your first vid, I thought you reminded me a bit of Steven Wilson with a goatee. Then I noticed your shirt.