Seeking advice for personal monitor station

spleeeeen

Platinum Member
Hello to people who know more about this stuff than I do!

1622908514108.png

This is what I'm currently using on gigs, a Rolls PM351. For my personal IEM mix, it accommodates:

1. Vocal "Mic Input" (a "Mic Thru" goes to the main board allowing me to adjust my vocal in my IEM mix).
2. "Line Input" in for band vocal monitor feed.
3. "Instrument Input" for Yamaha EAD headphone output (an output on the back of the EAD goes directly to the main board).

Works great, but...I need an additional channel for a click coming out of an iPad. The click is only in my monitor, not the rest of the band. To make it work, I'm currently using a small sub-mixer to combine the click and EAD into one channel. But, I would really like to simplify things by ditching the sub-mixer and getting something exactly like the PM351 but with an additional input. I've searched a lot and found nothing that fits the bill. So two questions:

1. Is anyone aware of a device that does fit the bill?
2. If not, is there a way I can do what I'm wanting with a small, say 4-channel mixer? Would there be some way of sending the vocal signal straight thru to the band's mixer while allowing me to independently adjust my vocal level in my IEMs?

Thanks in advance for any help you're able to offer up!

Last edited:

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a mixer with aux mix capability you should be able to assign whatever you want to aux channels & select what you send to the main board, either via the main outs or via an aux mix, then monitor whatever you want. The only alternative I'm aware of is something like the A&H ME range, but those rely on the main band mixer running cat5.

I use the ME500

ME500.jpg

spleeeeen

Platinum Member
Hmmm, are you sure this isn't a "thinly veiled" attempt to get me to buy a ME500??? ;)

Getting back to seriousness, I'm soooo happy there is a solution! Thanks Andy!

brentcn

Platinum Member
Hello to people who know more about this stuff than I do!

View attachment 105060

This is what I'm currently using on gigs, a Rolls PM351. For my personal IEM mix, it accommodates:

1. Vocal "Mic Input" (a "Mic Thru" goes to the main board allowing me to adjust my vocal in my IEM mix).
2. "Line Input" in for band vocal monitor feed.
3. "Instrument Input" for Yamaha EAD headphone output (an output on the back of the EAD goes directly to the main board).

Works great, but...I need an additional channel for a click coming out of an iPad. The click is only in my monitor, not the rest of the band. To make it work, I'm currently using a small sub-mixer to combine the click and EAD into one channel. But, I would really like to simplify things by ditching the sub-mixer and getting something exactly like the PM351 but with an additional input. I've searched a lot and found nothing that fits the bill. So two questions:

1. Is anyone aware of a device that does fit the bill?
2. If not, is there a way I can do what I'm wanting with a small, say 4-channel mixer? Would there be some way of sending the vocal signal straight thru to the band's mixer while allowing me to independently adjust my vocal level in my IEMs?

Thanks in advance for any help you're able to offer up!

You can use a 4 mixer, and a separate DI box that has a mic thru, for your vocal.