Season's Beatings!

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Best wishes to all for the holidays!

This was my Xmas photo card in 1986, showing some of the fun stuff from my collection at the time. Most of the stuff is gone, there were a few real gems in there...

Attachments

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Some amazing stuff there. Thirty years ago all were cool. Seasons Beatings to you as well.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
That is a fine collection of cool stuff. Season's greetings to you sir too. Sort of sporting the Steve Gadd look back then-handsome younger man.

Dhango

¡Oh, we were so young back then! Season's beating to you and to all the members of Drummerworld.

PS: I keep wandering what was the use for that giant bass drum...

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
The hair is one of the things that are gone!

Sorry couldn't resist! That's my way of being Merry!

*runs like hell*

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I had a full North kit then, and there's also a Staccato kit hidden in the far right corner. :)

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
The North drums have always fascinated me-and some great artist used them too. I've always wondered did the novel structure really project as promised or was it hype? Cool looking drums initially hand made of fiberglass I gather.

steadypocket

Gold Member
The drummer in the house band of the legendary Leisure Lounge in Homestead FL played a North kit and was gracious enough to let me sit in every time I stopped in circa 1983-1985. Who cares what they sounded like? I was in my twenties then and thought they were the coolest looking drums going.