Search tool not working?

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I typed in the word Ford, drums, and got a whole page of goodies. What were you searching for?

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
No.

One key is never do the basic search, always opt to go to the advance search.

There is a bug in the vbulliten software that sometimes won't let you search back more than a year or so unless you specify a year or older posts as a separate search.

And it won't search two letter or common words (DW, the).

I've had good luck using google search to search this forum for answers.
I had a question about a mic clip, and via google search, I discovered caddywumpus had posted the answer two years ago. Save me the time of re-asking, and saved everyone the time of re-answering.

I'm pretty convinced the answer to all things drums are posted somewhere on here.

toddbishop

Platinum Member
I've had a hard time getting meaningful results with it, so I stopped trying. The tag feature is also pretty flaky.

Daphfz

Nah I mean, no matter what I type in to be searched it always says 'sorry no matches found' and even searched the word drum and there were no matches! :( blasted thing

Stitch Kaboodle

Nah I mean, no matter what I type in to be searched it always says 'sorry no matches found' and even searched the word drum and there were no matches! :( blasted thing

There are tonnes of threads about this already. Please use the search function in future before you post a new topic.

;)

iwantmemoney

arfarf!!

DED, thank you...on the internal search tips and google. i have done searches thru google which inadvertently led to drummerworld, but haven't consciously done it til just now-and it's working...plus you don't have to all the decoding every time!

and thinking of it now, i realize it's actually the way i came to know dw in the first place!!