Search not working?

60's Drummer

I would like to gather info on the evans uv1 drum heads. Searching for uv1 using quick, advanced, as threads, as posts, upper case, lower case ... nothing comes back. I am using Safari if that matters ...

???

Defender

Silver Member
I just tried it and got the message "1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." I'm using Firefox btw.

Peace, Defender

60's Drummer

Still getting nada - tried FireFox too. Weird.

edit - Back the truck up, Chuck! Used just "UV1" in previous searches - read Grunt's post *carefully* then ->

Used "UV1 heads" and got it! UV1 is too few characters i'd guess ... whoda thunk?

So - Nevermind ... (Edith Ann?)

Stroman

Platinum Member
Still getting nada - tried FireFox too. Weird.

edit - Back the truck up, Chuck! Used just "UV1" in previous searches - read Grunt's post *carefully* then ->

Used "UV1 heads" and got it! UV1 is too few characters i'd guess ... whoda thunk?

So - Nevermind ... (Edith Ann?)
Ah, that must be it. I also just searched UV1.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I have learned in a lot of search engines that the more info you give it the better the result. I'm not sure if the forum Search has a minimum keystroke number for search, but the more the merrier.

J

JohnoWorld

So is this the place to say that I can't even enter text on my Sony Xperia tablet?

I use chrome on it and every time I click in the field to search, it deactivates the keyboard and I can't search.

Also, the forums themselves are zoomed out by miles, I have to pinch and zoom in to every forum.

I'm guessing this is a generic forum template but I would hope it's a little more compatible with mobile devices (mostly android/chrome) than it is currently

Please excuse the pedantry, IT testing is what I do :-(

60's Drummer

I retired from IT in '05. Web 'standards' were a joke then and remain so i guess. We had to code "if then" by hand for not only all the different browsers but the different versions of each browser.

Using the pop-up keyboard on the tablets sent me scurrying back to a laptop.

The only drag about uv1 coming back empty is that if you use uv1 head or evans uv1, every post with head or evans also presents itself. You then have to 'command f' to find the uv1 - if there is any ...

Alex Sanguinetti

Silver Member
The problem I see is that it doesn´t retrieve, at least in my case, older messages, just the last 100 (4 pages).

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!