Scratch track from a recent recording session

8Mile

Platinum Member
This is a cover of a tune by The Decemberists from a recent recording a friend asked me to do for him. There is no fancy drumming here, this is just an attempt to capture the feel of the original tune. I think my friend put down all the other instruments himself, but not positive. I think all my other clips have been solo playing jazz stuff or rudiments on a pad, so here's one that's straight rock with other musicians.

Attachments

A

Anthony Amodeo

sounds great 8
steady as a preacher bro, with a great feel

great work !

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
I liked it, Your playing was smooth and it had accents where they belonged.
You blended in and enhanced the listening experience nicely.

radman

Relaxed and loose, but solid. Sounded great!

(as previously mentioned, nice snare snap, crack, and pop.)

radman

dmacc_2

Perfect example of playing a great track! I would be willing to bet that they are feeling really good with what you played.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
If you told me a famous drummer did that, I don't know, Steve Jordan or somebody, I would have believed it. Sounded totally pro Lar and +2 on the snare drum sound. Nice and open and lively. Nice drum sound all around. That's not to a click is it?

8Mile

Platinum Member
Guys, thanks so much for the generous comments.

Larry, yes, it was done to a click. Seems like that's pretty much standard fare for anyone I play with anymore.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I think all my other clips have been solo playing jazz stuff or rudiments on a pad, so here's one that's straight rock with other musicians.
So good to hear this side of your playing, & no surprises, It's f^%$$ing superb!!!! I'm actually even more impressed that it's with a click than without, because there's no give away there. Drum track falls in beautifully. Loved it :)

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I didn't think it was to a click. Not because I detected any discrepancies, but because it sounded so organic. I mean the time was beautiful, and didn't feel stiff at all. Good job making a perfect click sound so organic.

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Another who didn't think the part was to a click because it all sounded so natural.

Anyone who can make a country song sound good has real talent!