Scoring 13" Zildjian K Hi Hats

Netz Ausg

Silver Member
Really excited right now - I found a set of 13" Zildjian K Hats for £130 shipped!

The seller has agreed the price, just need a few more snaps of the pies to prove the ad is genuine and to arrange payment/shipping!

They're pretty nasty dirty, so I'll probably give them a clean to get the green off - other than that they're in good condition, no cracks, scratches etc.

Wish me luck, hopefully all will go smoothly and I'll be posting pics next week!

As a side note- Someone in my local area is listing a 20" K Ride on the bay. Auction ends this evening. My wallet burns!

Netz Ausg

Silver Member
As an update I scored the K ride... £112.01!

Unbelievable!

It's in mint condition too!

I let a little squeal out when the auction ended!

tamadrm

Platinum Member
As an update I scored the K ride... £112.01!

Unbelievable!

It's in mint condition too!

I let a little squeal out when the auction ended!
It's ok to get in touch with your "11 year old school girl screaming at a Justin Beber concert side",now and again.

Another great score.The universe may be trying to tell you something.Cheers.:)

Steve B

Netz Ausg

Silver Member
@tamadrm: Well, Universe - thanks! I normally get sniped on every half decent ebay auction, so it's come around to me at last! Does this mean I've had my good luck now? Am I doomed to lose bidding wars for eternity..?!?

@wildbill: These are definitely going to be keepers! Only problem now is that I'm going to need some mellow crashes to go with them. They'll be ok with my AAX for now, but they'll want some more K friends to keep them company.

@DMC: Thanks - worked hard for it though. Been checking gumtree and ebay for months for all things drum related. Best find so far, without a doubt.

Netz Ausg

Silver Member
Picking up my K Ride tomorrow after work - full review and pics coming after I take it to practice Wednesday night.

Excitement overload. I have a feeling it'll blow my B8 ride out of the water :p All pro cymbals now, good times!

tamadrm

Platinum Member
I don't know about luck,since its seems a little too transient,but Karma is real.Just keep doing the right thing,and it will all come back to you,but remember,the opposite is also true.Cheers.)

Steve B

Netz Ausg

Silver Member
My karma didn't come through totally this time. I suspect that the hi hats were a scam.

After I asked the seller to provide another photo to prove it's real and issue a paypal invoice to ensure protection... heard nothing since. It's been a week now.

Just FYI this dude is called 'Gary' on preloved.co.uk, is advertising a number of pies at good prices. Story is he's moving abroad so selling his gear

If I hear from him again the I'll retract this warning. Otherwise - steer clear!

johnnylaw

Bummer on the hats. I have a pair that are the only hats I've ever bought, and I use them with the 20" K ride. Good combo IMHO. Good luck!

johnnylaw

Bummer on the hats. I have a pair that are the only hats I've ever bought, and I use them with the 20" K ride. Good combo IMHO. Good luck!