Scam alert.

Lee-Bro

I shared this via social media in the different musician groups I'm a part of there. It's not the first time this type of scam has made the rounds and it won't be the last. I'm sure the local info in the email I rec'd will be changed based on where your band is. That being said, here's what I shared:

SCAM ALERT:
The following email from "Brad Withers" - withersbradshawho5@gmail.com, came to us recently about performing at a wedding in December @ a private residence on Asbury Rd in zip 45255.

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜บ ๐˜”๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ฏ/๐˜Œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ 2๐˜ฑ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ 3๐˜ฑ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ,๐˜‹๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 13๐˜ต๐˜ฉ,2020..๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ,๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ?"

I contacted the actual property owner and they verified there is NOT a wedding at their house. The scammer further asked:

"๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘™๐‘  ๐‘๐‘’๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘™ ๐‘Ž ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘๐‘˜ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘’๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘๐‘˜:
๐ด๐‘‘๐‘‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ :
๐ถ๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘ฆ:
๐‘†๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’:
๐‘๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘‘๐‘’:
๐‘ƒโ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘›๐‘ข๐‘š๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ:
๐ธ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘™ ๐ด๐‘‘๐‘‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ :"

I'm sure everyone knows a scam when they see one. I'm sharing this with the group just in case anyone else rec'd the email or hasn't seen this type of phishing scam.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
"๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘™๐‘  ๐‘๐‘’๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘™ ๐‘Ž ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘๐‘˜ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘’๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘๐‘˜:
๐ถ๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘ฆ:
๐‘†๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’:
This is the info they want:

Christopher A. Wray
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001
(202) 324-3000
christopherwray@fbi.gov

The email isnt real. The rest is. Christopher A. Wray is the director of the FBI, the address and phone are correct. ๐Ÿ–• scammers.

I shared this via social media in the different musician groups I'm a part of there. It's not the first time this type of scam has made the rounds and it won't be the last. I'm sure the local info in the email I rec'd will be changed based on where your band is. That being said, here's what I shared:

SCAM ALERT:
The following email from "Brad Withers" - withersbradshawho5@gmail.com, came to us recently about performing at a wedding in December @ a private residence on Asbury Rd in zip 45255.

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜บ ๐˜”๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ฏ/๐˜Œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ 2๐˜ฑ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ 3๐˜ฑ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ,๐˜‹๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 13๐˜ต๐˜ฉ,2020..๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ,๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ?"

I contacted the actual property owner and they verified there is NOT a wedding at their house. The scammer further asked:

๐ถ๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘ฆ:
๐‘†๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’:

I'm sure everyone knows a scam when they see one. I'm sharing this with the group just in case anyone else rec'd the email or hasn't seen this type of phishing scam.
To think that they use this time for scamming people. They have no mercy :mad: