Savior Custom Drums

...My issue is with people who use this forum as basically free advertising.

If you've been here for a while and have built some sort of rapport with the people here, then fine. But coming on here and shilling their drums as the highest quality, lowest prices, etc. just seems a little sly when we know nothing of them or their company.
This is how I viewed it, too. Hang out here for awhile. Get to know people and develop some rapport first. I get a little turned off by religious marketing of drums, though. I don't care about the faith of the people building my drums, but I don't necessarily want it writ large on my drums either.

Yes, unfortunately drummerworld isn't always the most encouraging place.
I respectfully disagree. I've had my moments, but I've also noticed that most people here will go out of their way to help and encourage others as long as there isn't the perception of a sales pitch in the background all the time.

Maybe you should start a religious drum forum zambizzi, one where only fuzzy, sugary-sweet post's are allowed, you could moderate. IMO the best way to 'encourage their entrepreneurial spirit' is buy something from them and maybe I will someday.

That might be a cosmic waste of time as I'm not "religious" at all, just tolerant. I don't see how anything could be interpreted as 'rude' by *your* standards. Otherwise, thanks for the input.

Waiting for "Beelzebub" drums to show up and refute "Saviors" claims.....

F

This is a forum for discussing drums.

If a new entrant to the drum market wants to get involved with the forum then great.

But, cynically, this looks like a free advert.

So welcome if you genuinely want to get involved in the forum.

Davo

Anyhow, I think it's more constructive and positive to encourage the entrepreneurial spirit, rather than picking on them. If they somehow succeed and create a superior product, drum consumers win. It's a shame folks aren't more receptive to guys like this, when they show up on the forums, rather than rudely confronting them with an anti-market mentality.

For the most part, I agree. I'm reading this thread and thinking "wow, tough crowd".

But on the other hand:
1st post was essentially an advertisement.

2nd, much like the people who post "how do I becomes rich and famous playing drums" or "how do I get in a signed band" posts, most people attempt to he be helpful by pointing out just how difficult the objective is. Some may take that as negative, others see it as being based in reality.

This really isn't much different.

The reality is: There are 1001 so-called "custom drum makers" out there, what in the world makes one actually stand out from the other? From the post, so far, nothing really.
So yeah, tough crowd, but the buying public is a tough crowd.

And this case, the name is apparently a point of discussion. Right or wrong, from a marketing stand point, that's something a business owner needs to know.

Any company needs to do market research and get feed back. Even if it's negative. From there, they can adjust, or perhaps decided to do something else, or just keep going like nothing happened and hope for the best.

Last edited:
This is a forum for discussing drums.

If a new entrant to the drum market wants to get involved with the forum then great.

But, cynically, this looks like a free advert.

So welcome if you genuinely want to get involved in the forum.

Davo

Nothings free, they have to spend time fielding all our questions, which if they choose not to do will definitely hurt their chances for any sales.

The site says their drums 'sell themselves', I don't know anything that sells itself in the drum world, if that were were true there'd be no need for salesman or advertising.

I appreciate the fact that they have a product they believe can compete with other drums on the market and genuinely want to offer great customer service. My issue is with people who use this forum as basically free advertising.

If you've been here for a while and have built some sort of rapport with the people here, then fine. But coming on here and shilling their drums as the highest quality, lowest prices, etc. just seems a little sly when we know nothing of them or their company.

That is a good point. Sellers who do well here are those who have become one of us.

So far, the Savior Drum people haven't been back to answer questions about their bearing edges, etc. It makes me wonder about their customer service. If you're going to dip your toe in the message board, prepare to get pulled in the water and sink or swim.

From what I can tell, both companies are selling essentially the same thing.
The only difference is the name.

And the devil drums are cheaper.

And more dangerous to transport. Those lugs look like they require some care.

WHOA those drums are sick! Not my cup of tea but serious attitude with the pentagrams and spiked lugs. I'm impressed.

Spiked lugs! Sounds like they would make for a dangerous environment on stage lol...
Uh oh - I just speared the bass player!

I guess I'm not sure I understand what differentiates most "custom" drum makers from the big boys other than finishes and bearing edges (if they are really cutting them). I can get pretty much anything I want from Gretsch, Ludwig, Pearl, DW etc... There are so many sizes / configurations available from the major manufacturers that you could call them custom at the high end I suppose.

Seems like a really "me too" business these days. And kind of stretches the notion of "Custom". Slap lugs and wrap on a Keller shell and go. I'll stick with tried and true for now.

I guess if you like black and inverted pentagrams then thats the way to go, but where is the variety. They must have a very limited buyers base,

I guess if you like black and inverted pentagrams then thats the way to go, but where is the variety. They must have a very limited buyers base,

I don't think you looked at all the pics. That's what i was thinking first but there are a lot of varied paintworks including a H.R.Gieger type one which i thought looked pretty awesome...

Christ almighty.......classifying drums as christian, secular or satanic.....now I've heard everything. Does a round peice of wood with some metal and plastic attached, have a soul? Will playing them buy me a seat?........hope so....lord knows I ain't getting in any other way.

It's a world gone mad i tell ya! :)

My issue is with people who use this forum as basically free advertising.

I hear you.....although I guess the flip side is, where better to spruik your wares than a drum forum? It'd be nice to see them back to answer some of the questions though. I also wouldn't mind some sound files of the snares.....couldn't find anything on their website.

I'll tell you one thing though Brady, I'd much rather a gentle spruik than the other approach we've seen here from time to time. You know, the "non-existent" professional PR team telling us we're all stupid for daring to doubt.....shortly followed by the miraculous arrival of 10 or 12 members from other forums, all ready to stick the boots in and stir up the hornets nest. That tactic annoys me no end.

I'd just stick with the custom lads who are tried and true--been around for a while, have received good reviews in MD or Drum!, etc.: Noble & Cooley, Pork Pie, GMS, Spaun, Craviotto.

So it seems some people have taken offense to the lack of response on my end, new to the whole blogging experience, but i find weird that i haven't been on here in two days and people assume Ive shied away and immediately have some smug comment about it. I honestly expected more positive encouragement and discourse rather than excessive nitpicking. Coming to a place where people with a common belief gather digitally to further their involvement in a community that they have faith in, i thought id find a higher level of professionalism. That being said I hold no grudge and I am 100% confident in my company and product, and will attempt to respond to most of the comments made.

First, the term "Savior" has strong connotations with religion, this we know, but the term means so much more and was never meant to portray that we are a religious company. This is not to say that we are not religious, we do have religious beliefs, and we base most of our running of the company around those morals. Though this does not mean that our company is founded on religion, and in turn a religious company. Its kind of discerning to see so many people attack that point. Its nice to see that some people could care less if religion is involved, but at the end of the day it has nothing to do with the product.

On the note of experience, we have been a company for almost two years now. Our interest and experience with drums extends even further back than that. I'm not saying we know everything, but we have learned an honest amount and continue to learn from professionals in the field that have lent a helping hand. Yes we are only 21 but how do you judge someones intelect and or passion based on age. How many young artists/people do we see today that are just as famous in their teens as some adults. Just because of our age doesn't mean we haven't busted our asses to accomplish and learn as much as we have.

On the same note our process isn't cheap or elementary in any way. Everything is very precise and massive amounts of time are invested. At some point some one mentioned edges, to respond to that we can cut almost any edge it just depends on what the client wants. On another craftsmanship note, yes we do use Keller shells. Some people are looking at this as a hinderance in our performance, or this some how makes us generic. First, no matter what the product there is always people doing the same exact thing that just use different marketing strategies to sell their product. This is similar to what we are doing for now, but in no way should clasify us as just another Joe Schmuck joining in a fad. We have intentions of buying our own shell constructing apparatus, but if any of you have cared enough to look into this technology, you would have notice the expense of machinery like this. For now we offer the same product as any custom drum company building with Keller shells, but what is different is the experience you receive when dealing with us. Ask anyone of our artist, local or mainstream, what their experience has been and you will hear nothing but good news. More than just buying drums you are buying an experience, one that extends beyond your purchase.

At any rate i do appreciate all the feed back, i couldn't hope to grow at all with out discourse, negative and positive. I hope to keep this convo going and receive all the feed back i can. This post may have been sporadic and may not have addressed all the points mentioned by others but i was a little flustered with amount of responses. If I haven't responded in a day or two doesn't mean Ive ran off, just meas we are busy with life and running a legit company.

Best
SCD

I too, wish you great success, but as a salesman myself, your "experience" hook is cliche and tired. As salesmen, we all want our clients to have a special experience when they buy from us, and sure I can call dozens of clients and they will go to bat for me, but honestly, its still bullshit....you're shilling a drum, nothing more, nothing less. Flame suit on.

F

Back