Savior Custom Drums

zambizzi

Platinum Member
Prices look fair. It's always nice to see a new drum builder doing something interesting. So, what sets you apart from other Keller drum builders? Will you cut any type of edge?

Savior Custom Drums

Na those kick legs are not pearl, though they do look similar. We get all our raw parts from private vendors.

As far as what Savior is doing to diversify itself, the list doesn't really end. Our first priority is the building of quality drums without gouging our customers with an insane bill. That being said our second most important undertaking is that we want the Savior brand to work and act as one big family. Everyone genuinely helps everyone else succeed. We are in constant contact with all of our artists, making sure their drumming experience is the best it can be, the relationship continues beyond the initial meet and greet. Also we are not going to try and sell you some fake drum science, we build our drums similar to all the other major custom drum companies, our drums speak for themselves and don't need any gimmicks to back them up. If your not happy with your savior experience then we have failed as a company, we are only as strong as our customers and artist that back us.

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
Na those kick legs are not pearl, though they do look similar. We get all our raw parts from private vendors.

So are we talkin 'better' than PEARL kick legs, or not as good?

Our first priority is the building of quality drums without gouging our customers with an insane bill.

A noble goal, though tell me... What will be different with your approach as opposed to what you've witnessed other companies doing?

Also we are not going to try and sell you some fake drum science, we build our drums similar to all the other major custom drum companies, our drums speak for themselves and don't need any gimmicks to back them up.

Im a little disappointed with this, was hoping you did have some 'gimmicks' going for you.

As drummers we love gimmicks. Is there a chance in the future you may consider developing some gimmick's into your products?

brady

Platinum Member
So what exactly is is that separates you from the other 'Christian drums' companies; Truth, Shine, Joyful Noise, etc.? (That seems like a small audience to target, but then, I'm not a business major.)

With only 4 posts here, I have to wonder what the motive is. I'm glad you have a product you are proud of, but introducing your product before yourself on a drum forum just seems like a questionable way to promote your company. (For another example, check out that joke of a thread started by Drmearz.) But as I said, I'm not a business major.

So, based on that, I would be more inclined to go with Truth, or Shine, or whatever if I were looking to buy a Christian drum. I haven't seen those guys shilling their drums on here.

At any rate, I hope you stay around and become a part of the discussions here. I would bet you would be more well-received that way.

funkytomtom

Christian drums huh? What if my atheist self buys some? Is that a "get out of hell free" pass?

In all seriousness, is this a new thing? I can see where the niche market would be with so much gospel drumming going on, but this is the first I've heard of it.

Artstar

Platinum Member
C'mon you guys..no need to knock them down .. these dudes are just a couple of young lads who know how to build this stuff and are enthusiastic about it. They will find a place with their stuff. At least they are starting early at age 21.

Savior Dude. Alot of drummers here and other forums are just always skeptical of "Custom" companies who basically just pick out parts, drill/edge and assemble... and I know that is not an easy task. That is just fine to do, but there are only a few who have remained over decades because they have a few home-designed parts on the drums like GMS and Noble Cooley. They stand out just a little more.. Even OCDP is aquiring home designed parts little by little.

The name of your company is, I guess, still sort of ambiguous..... but I notice this dude as one you SUPPORT,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-aupSY2AJs

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
So what exactly is is that separates you from the other 'Christian drums' companies; Truth, Shine, Joyful Noise, etc.? (That seems like a small audience to target, but then, I'm not a business major.)

So, based on that, I would be more inclined to go with Truth, or Shine, or whatever if I were looking to buy a Christian drum. I haven't seen those guys shilling their drums on here.

At any rate, I hope you stay around and become a part of the discussions here. I would bet you would be more well-received that way.

Is it safe to assume they're Christians on a drumming mission b/c the company name is 'SAVIOUR'?

"We are not here to lie to you about some made up technology to add a selling point to our drums, they sell themselves."--- from the SAVIOUR site.

I went to their site, they list their ages as 21, ummm I don't know SAVIOUR dudes... sure you aren't 'fibbing' about your ages? From what I've read and seen so far, I'd bet $50 you two are under 21

[

Attachments

Average

Here is an idea for you. Do you want to build drums that would be different? Figure out a way to build your own shells. If you could build me a snare with a steam bent single ply maple shell with solid maple reinforcement hoops, I would do cartwheels. Drums with that shell sound WAY different and I don't think there are many modern drum makers building drums like that. You may have heard of the Slingerland Radio King? Single play steam bent maple shell with solid maple reinforcing hoops.

PS - its awesome that you've started your own company! Keep at it.

Last edited:

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
My only red flag is the term "Genuine experience" in their first post. I visited the site to see what experience this might be, and at age 21, it isn't very much. Assuming the customer doesn't know exactly what to ask for, are the Savior guys experienced enough to guide him with info about edges, hoop types, snare beds, shell thickness/plies/material, reinforcement rings, etc. in order to help the customer get his sound?

Otherwise, live and let live. There are a hundred independent builders out there, it's tough to compete without some sort of advantage. Time will tell if the guys have it, or don't.

Bermuda

zambizzi

Platinum Member
Who cares if they're Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, or Smurf Worshipers? I don't see any religious proselytizing in their literature, so is it really all that relevant to the discussion?

Anyhow, I think it's more constructive and positive to encourage the entrepreneurial spirit, rather than picking on them. If they somehow succeed and create a superior product, drum consumers win. It's a shame folks aren't more receptive to guys like this, when they show up on the forums, rather than rudely confronting them with an anti-market mentality.

Last edited:

Deathmetalconga

Platinum Member
Who cares if they're Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, or Smurf Worshipers? I don't see any religious proselytizing in their literature, so is it really all that relevant to the discussion.

Anyhow, I think it's more constructive and positive to encourage the entrepreneurial spirit, rather than picking on them. If they somehow succeed and create a superior product, drum consumers win. It's a shame folks aren't more receptive to guys like this, when they show up on the forums, rather than rudely confronting them with an anti-market mentality.
I agree. But they're not really saying much about their drums - what kinds of shells, hardware, options, etc., even after they've been asked. They're blowing a good opportunity to educate people about their product.

zambizzi

Platinum Member
I agree. But they're not really saying much about their drums - what kinds of shells, hardware, options, etc., even after they've been asked. They're blowing a good opportunity to educate people about their product.
Agreed. I tried to open up the discussion, after the OP. I asked about edges, since their site didn't have much information. Maybe being put on the defense, right out of the gate, scared them off. The hospitality that existed when I first joined up here, seems to have disappeared.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Anyhow, I think it's more constructive and positive to encourage the entrepreneurial spirit, rather than picking on them.
Agreed. When I mentioned the 'genuine experience' and them saying they're 21, I should have added that it might be better to not mention their ages. Actually, mentioning experience is a slippery slope when a customer asks how long they've been in business, and exactly how much experience they've had assembling drums. It's a question that may need to be answered from time to time, but I don't think encouraging it is a good idea.

In other words, if I hadn't seen their ages and the word experience, I would have just assumed it was another new company and not asked about it. I would just take their info on face value: Keller shells, care for the customer, etc.

Bermuda

funkytomtom

Who cares if they're Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, or Smurf Worshipers? I don't see any religious proselytizing in their literature, so is it really all that relevant to the discussion?

No it's not really relevant I suppose. Although they obviously want to bring it up if they're naming their entire company after it.

Yes, unfortunately drummerworld isn't always the most encouraging place. Personally I think you guys don't really need any super-innovative product if your prices compete. I think that's quite a noble goal and I'm surprised people on here don't appreciate it.

zambizzi

Platinum Member
Agreed. When I mentioned the 'genuine experience' and them saying they're 21, I should have added that it might be better to not mention their ages. Actually, mentioning experience is a slippery slope when a customer asks how long they've been in business, and exactly how much experience they've had assembling drums. It's a question that may need to be answered from time to time, but I don't think encouraging it is a good idea.

In other words, if I hadn't seen their ages and the word experience, I would have just assumed it was another new company and not asked about it. I would just take their info on face value: Keller shells, care for the customer, etc.

Bermuda
This is true...it's critical to know if your drums are being assembled by experienced pros or a couple of kids who bought some power tools and Keller shells, and set up shop in a garage somewhere. They might have done better to leave age out of it and let the product do more of the talking.

brady

Platinum Member
No it's not really relevant I suppose. Although they obviously want to bring it up if they're naming their entire company after it.

Yes, unfortunately drummerworld isn't always the most encouraging place. Personally I think you guys don't really need any super-innovative product if your prices compete. I think that's quite a noble goal and I'm surprised people on here don't appreciate it.
I appreciate the fact that they have a product they believe can compete with other drums on the market and genuinely want to offer great customer service. My issue is with people who use this forum as basically free advertising.

If you've been here for a while and have built some sort of rapport with the people here, then fine. But coming on here and shilling their drums as the highest quality, lowest prices, etc. just seems a little sly when we know nothing of them or their company.

Les Ismore

Platinum Member

It may be relevant to some, but then we can't assume they are christians just b/c the company name is SAVIOUR, or maybe you can assume, but best not comment on it till its confirmed. I don't believe TRUTH, others 'thump the faith' on their web sites do they?

If they can't talk/respond, then that may be a good indicator they're not ready for prime time yet (or really busy)... as stated 'possibly lacking experience'. DRUMMERWORLD forum 'is' prime time... dude you come here you're playing in the big leagues.

Anyhow, I think it's more constructive and positive to encourage the entrepreneurial spirit, rather than picking on them. It's a shame folks aren't more receptive to guys like this, when they show up on the forums, rather than rudely confronting them with an anti-market mentality.

You mean 'receptive' by your standards right? I think its wonderful people have different opinions, I didn't read anything yet that I would interpret as 'rude'.

Maybe you should start a religious drum forum zambizzi, one where only fuzzy, sugary-sweet post's are allowed, you could moderate. IMO the best way to 'encourage their entrepreneurial spirit' is buy something from them and maybe I will someday.

SAVIOUR might just come through and convince me in this thread to send em some scratch... it could happen.