Save a Big Dog Pedal?

McShmoopy

Hey guys, tis been a while since I was on the forums (Got exams and what not) but I recenty had a problem, my double pedal was stolen from a gig a few nights ago, and my friend offered to sell me the same pedal for £20, I knew thier were going to be problems with it but at that price it was worth it at the time. The dominant pedal (right ) works 100%, however the secondary pedal has had some *MODIFICATION* to it.

It seems he hammered onto it some kind of odd connecting bar onto the left pedal after loosing it and I have no idea how to get it off. The pedal functions however thier is a LARGE amount of laag caused from the bar not being attached properly (It hangs on barely), Im not a very handy guy so what would be the safest way to remove the connecting bar? I tried pulling on it but wasnt good :/

This is the pedal btw, I will post a picture of it when I get the chance too.
http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/Drums_and_Percussion/Acoustic_Drums/Drum_Hardware/Bass_Drum_Pedals/sc1148/p5884.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=googlebase&utm_term={keyword}

Hah sorry I probably didnt explain it well enough, basically a different branded connecting bar was hammered onto the slave pedal for some reason and I have no idea how to get it off, the tension rod that screws into the bar and the joint makes no difference at all, Ive tried many things but to no avail. I need to know a good method on removing the bar without causing too much damage. Any ideas? here are some pictures.

This is the Hammered on BAR. Notice how it does not completely slide onto the pedal arm, also note how it does not need a tension rod.
dsc00097vw.jpg

This is the standard bar that came with the pedal, attached onto the dominant pedal, works perfectly and fits on fine.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you need for images please ask, sorry if theyre bad quality.

Last edited:
i had that pedal now loaned to my guitarist. its not worth it tbh unless you can get it off i wouldnt buy it

Heh ive been thinking about upgrading but im a bit short in cash at the moment so i doesnt look like ill be upgrading till I get a job (Got the entire summer holidays to build up my kit :D).

Never mind guys, I managed to get it off by applying some wd-40 and then using some good ol plyers to pull it off :D

Back