Satchmo, Lady Day and Shirley Bassey impressions

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
A couple of our singer's funny impressions attached ... yes, this is a Friday night post :)

Pardon the woolly playing in the Shirley Bassey impression. Punk jazz?

Attachments

• la-fiesta_shirley.mp3
    709.9 KB · Views: 114
  • bm_satchmo-billie-holliday-impressions_28jun11.mp3
    799.7 KB · Views: 107
Love it!!! What a voice. That's a new transvocal genre right there. I'm just imagining the marketing angle, & your pet roach fits right in. Does he have multi percussive exoskeletal potential?

Cheers Andy and Bo. He's pretty amazing, isn't he? He also does great accents. Bo, can weddings be played by webcam? Andy, I won't let the roach play - he might be better than me!

I can't imagine what the younger non-jazz crowd here would make of the impressions ... Satch-who? Lady who? They'd maybe have a faint hope of knowing Burly Chassis from the Propellorheads hit ...

loved the Satchmo and Lady Day. "Solitude" is one of my favorites.

glad you're back. i've missed you terribly.

Yep Spectron, he's good at coppng the divas ... but I can't imagine any woman doing that Satchmo impression!

Unfunk, I didn't know that Solitude number ... this band's been an education. One day I might be able to almost play the music properly.

Yep Spectron, he's good at coppng the divas ... but I can't imagine any woman doing that Satchmo impression!

Unfunk, I didn't know that Solitude number ... this band's been an education. One day I might be able to almost play the music properly.

i didn't know it until last summer. i never really "got" BH. i always found her sing-songy and whiney, but i heard that one and it was really nice. there are two versions that i have found...one with guitar and one with piano. can't recall which one i prefer at the moment.

i didn't know it until last summer. i never really "got" BH. i always found her sing-songy and whiney, but i heard that one and it was really nice. there are two versions that i have found...one with guitar and one with piano. can't recall which one i prefer at the moment.

I've never been big on Billie either. Much prefer Nina. Still, Glenn's imitation of those affected inflections cracked me up.

The Shirley Bassey one is what got me. We'd been trying that song few a couple of weeks with no joy and were on the verge of giving up when the bassist suggested slowing it down. I slowed it waaay down as a joke and we were just mucking around when Glenn suddenly hit on this Shirley Bassey impression ... it's hard to play when you're cracking up :)

I've never been big on Billie either. Much prefer Nina. Still, Glenn's imitation of those affected inflections cracked me up.

The Shirley Bassey one is what got me. We'd been trying that song few a couple of weeks with no joy and were on the verge of giving up when the bassist suggested slowing it down. I slowed it waaay down as a joke and we were just mucking around when Glenn suddenly hit on this Shirley Bassey impression ... it's hard to play when you're cracking up :)

ahhh band fun. i need a band....that won't drive me crazy. one where we'll laugh and be inventive and inspire each other and have fun. that's what it's all about. who cares about fame when you've got a good band ?

ahhh band fun. i need a band....that won't drive me crazy. one where we'll laugh and be inventive and inspire each other and have fun. that's what it's all about. who cares about fame when you've got a good band ?

For sure, UFF. Fame and fortune couldn't be further from our radar, no more than the people at my tennis club are shooting for the Australian Open :)

Playing music is just a fabulous thing to do.

For sure, UFF. Fame and fortune couldn't be further from our radar, no more than the people at my tennis club are shooting for the Australian Open :)

Playing music is just a fabulous thing to do.

i don't play tennis, but i play one on tv....wait...

Last edited:
Back