Sansui SP 2500... where is the mid-range in this picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumdame

Silver Member
Does anybody know where the mid-range speaker is in this picture? I have to know for sure. I picked them up at a local thrift shop and definitely the wolfers don't work... the only thing that works is the middle speaker above the woofer which I don't know if that's the mid-range or the Tweeter. Thanks I appreciate your help.View attachment 12192020220720_103451.jpg

Ghostin one

The five-inch speakers are the mids, so what you're hearing is the tweeter(s), I guess. There are two horn tweeters back there somewhere.

Drumdame

Silver Member
The five-inch speakers are the mids, so what you're hearing is the tweeter(s), I guess. There are two horn tweeters back there somewhere.
Thank you. I got my brother-in-law to put these heavy speakers in my car... I am bringing them back to the thrift shop tomorrow. Now I can tell them exactly what is working and what is not. Thanks again.

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
Thank you. I got my brother-in-law to put these heavy speakers in my car... I am bringing them back to the thrift shop tomorrow. Now I can tell them exactly what is working and what is not. Thanks again.
That might be your problem. Your stock car stereo probably does not have enough power to push the speakers.

It's not advisable to put PA/home theater speakers in your car anyhow. The ohms in a car are typically 4 and what you have is more than likely 8. Cars fry speakers that arent meant for cars.

Drumdame

Silver Member
That might be your problem. Your stock car stereo probably does not have enough power to push the speakers.

It's not advisable to put PA/home theater speakers in your car anyhow. The ohms in a car are typically 4 and what you have is more than likely 8. Cars fry speakers that arent meant for cars.
You misunderstood me I mean that the speaker shown in the picture is what my brother-in-law put in the car so I can drive it to the thrift shop.

Drumdame

Silver Member
To all my "Drum Buddies" there's been an update.

After my brother-in-law put those heavy speakers in my car so I could return them tomorrow morning somebody bought them straight out of my car. I got my money back plus I made a few bucks.

I didn't know when I could get someone to help me put them in the car so I put them on Marketplace and explained that the woofers and mid-range speakers do not work and he still bought them.

Thanks again!

makinao

Silver Member
To all my "Drum Buddies" there's been an update.

After my brother-in-law put those heavy speakers in my car so I could return them tomorrow morning somebody bought them straight out of my car. I got my money back plus I made a few bucks.

I didn't know when I could get someone to help me put them in the car so I put them on Marketplace and explained that the woofers and mid-range speakers do not work and he still bought them.

Thanks again!
Perhaps he knows how to fix speakers.

Drumdame

Silver Member
Perhaps he knows how to fix speakers.
I was thinking the same thing because my late husband knew how to do all of that. Although he said that he didn't know how to do that I don't understand why he bought them in the first place. But he seemed to be real happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.