Sabian XS20 16" Crash

I bought the set a few days ago and it seems to ring for ages after I hit it, is there something i can do about it, or is it just me not getting used to the half descent cymbals, (these are my first upgrade from pearl stock cymbals).

Thanks in advance :)

alex19

thats you being used to crap cymbals. its a good thing, or can be really. will sound alot better with a full band behind you. if you want to cut back on the ringing im sure you can put gaffer/electrical tape under the cymbal to help.

ENRICO

Silver Member
its because you are used to crappy cymbals ,in fact the xs 16" has maeduim sustain for a 16" crash. don't worry , you'll get used to it.

redsky20

Definately, I upgraded from SOLAR to XS20's and I noticed it the same but then you do get used to it and its nice to hear a more tonal sound from the cymbal rather that the short "clang" of hitting that old SOLAR... Yuck...

Definately, I upgraded from SOLAR to XS20's and I noticed it the same but then you do get used to it and its nice to hear a more tonal sound from the cymbal rather that the short "clang" of hitting that old SOLAR... Yuck...
:L I bet sabian solar's were still better than my pearl stock cymbals tho :p