Sabian visited Lone Star Percussion

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
I stopped by Lone Star Percussion yesterday after work. Sabian was visiting with a Master Class thing going on. I watched a cymbal get lathed and another get hammered. They also had a wide array of interesting prototypes on display. I tapped on quite a few of them.

I found a Sabian trucker hat on the display table they had outside. I immediately grabbed one. I can't even find a Sabian cap anywhere online. Plenty of Zildjian caps, even found a Meinl, but no Sabian caps. So that's cool. I actually have a Zildjian cap on the way in the mail. I had to settle for it because I couldn't find a Sabian cap.

Anyway, I went inside to buy the cap. Got a Sabian sticker for gratis. Then I asked the guy if he had some Aaron Spears VF drum sticks. And they did! I thought there was no way they would have them in stock, but they had eight pairs in stock. So, I bought two pairs.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Lone Star is a cool shop with a refreshing emphasis on orchestral and marching. I was ta the Sabian event earlier in the day, and there were some very tasty prototypes indeed! Always cool to watch the cymbals being lathed, it's a real art with a lot of experience required to get it just right.

Bermuda

PS: I'm proud to be a Sabian artist since 1993!

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Lone Star is a cool shop with a refreshing emphasis on orchestral and marching. I was ta the Sabian event earlier in the day, and there were some very tasty prototypes indeed! Always cool to watch the cymbals being lathed, it's a real art with a lot of experience required to get it just right.

Bermuda

PS: I'm proud to be a Sabian artist since 1993!
Oh man! Sorry I missed you. Yeah, it was great checking out all those Prototypes cymbals. They sure had a lot of them. I liked that one with the giant bell.

pgm554

Platinum Member
Just got the email from Sabian.
Seems a bit late as it was Monday down in Santa Clara.