Sabian "Symbols" on Google

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
My other pet hate (aside from misspelling) are the constant ads for "9 or 10 piece drumkit" where it's actually just a 5-piece kit but they've included the hi-hat and cymbals as part of the "pieces"- morons!!
ACTUALLY..... wouldn't it be kind of logical to count all pieces, too?

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I have seen so many spelling errors that I just read thru them. Or is it through. Anyway. It amazes me that they misspell Zildjian when it is right there on the cymbal.
the other day I posted where some one or two someones had misspelled , keybored, and keaboard. What are you going to do. It is the last entry on the Best of Craigslist thread

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
Not to ruin the joke, but...
http://www.sabiansymbols.com/
Hmmmm.....the "Sabian Oracle: 360 Degrees of Wisdom" .....anyone else reckon they're talking about Sticks?

ingestion of lead has proven to be extremely harmful, and is to be avoided. it is a cumulative toxin, and can cause organ failure, as well as a variety of cancers. as far as "prestone", that's a brand name for anything from ethylene glycol, to organic acid/ hybrid organic acid coolants. don't ingest that either, please. as far as double digit i.q., i'm flummoxed that you would even hint at something like that, as well as nonplussed, and a little crestfallen for good measure. :)
I liked you better when you were dumb. :)

edvia

I wonder how astrologists feel when they come across "Sabian symbols" on Craiglist? I imagine it would be a moment of excitement before crashing on the rocks of human stupidity (which, ironically, may well be a major source of an astrologer's income).
Bwaaaahahaaaaa!!! That's the funniest thing I've read on DW in a long time. Well done!

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Yeah, that's always been one of those ambiguous things - do you count all pieces or the drums? It's like the controversy about the usual way of listing drum sizes as height x diameter rather than diameter first, since that's what we care about more.

Ed, I guess I had a moment of empathy :)

MasonTK

I wonder how astrologists feel when they come across "Sabian symbols" on Craiglist? I imagine it would be a moment of excitement before crashing on the rocks of human stupidity (which, ironically, may well be a major source of an astrologer's income).
I'd imagine an astrologist browsing craigslist probably isn't very good to begin with. An astrologER on craigslist needs to get back to work--or we won't have moon cities before I die.

Anon La Ply

Renegade
I'd imagine an astrologist browsing craigslist probably isn't very good to begin with. An astrologER on craigslist needs to get back to work--or we won't have moon cities before I die.
Good point. Google had 722k astrologists but a whopping 14 mill astrologers.

Moon cities ... what a strange concept.