Sabian RULES!

marko138

Silver Member
Man, can't say enough good things about this cymbal company. I contacted them back in April about a very small crack that formed on my 6 year old AAX china cymbal. Obviously at that age is well past it's factory warranty.

Well their customer service dept emailed me back within an hour and told me I could return they cymbal to them and for $40 they would fix the edge crack. They shaved the cymbal down so it's a bit smaller than original...though it still measures 18.25"...for an 18" cymbal. I didn't measure it before I shipped it so I have no idea how much is actually gone.

Now, he told me they were cutting it down so I knew it would sound a little different and it does...but boy, it looks brand new!

Door to door it took about 4 weeks to do. And cost me $40 plus about 20 to ship it. Not bad for a 6 year old cymbal.

Before:
IMAG0171.jpg
IMAG0172.jpg

And after:
IMAG0251.jpg
IMAG0253.jpg

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

Sabian does indeed rule. The others make great cymbals, but I really do not ever consider any cymbal other than Sabian. I do have a Rancan (LP) China, but I got it a long time ago. I am not going to replace it just because of the name on it. My your China cymbal last as long as you need it to. Peace and goodwill.

I agree! I have a set of Paragon hats I bought used, as well as a 16" HH Thin Chinese I want to ship back to them for refinishing. What a great value!

Amazing! The Service Quality response by Sabian.

looks brand new, if any of my cymbals crack I know what to do.

Wow. Fantastic work. I would have loved to play Sabian, if it wasn't for the simple fact that I prefer the sound of Paistes. Though I must agree that from what I've experienced, Sabian's customer service is a little more enthusiastic than Paiste's.

I had no idea they did that. I'm going to send them my Raw Bell Ride after the first of the year. Very cool.

Wow, that's really great customer service. It looks like a new cymbal. Is it the same one? I wonder if they just sent you a new one? Kudos to Sabian for taking care of their customers!

Wow, that's really great customer service. It looks like a new cymbal. Is it the same one? I wonder if they just sent you a new one? Kudos to Sabian for taking care of their customers!

I asked the customer service rep specifically if it was the same cymbal because it sounded, and looked, very different. He assures me it is the same cymbal I sent him but that it needed re-worked after being cut down. He said they don't replace the cymbal with another unless it's a warranty claim and he would have told me if they had done that.

That is very impressive.Considering how much labor went into that repair,you got an outstanding bargain.Sabian seems to distance themselves from the pack through customer service and innovation,as well as making great sounding cymbals.Well done.

Steve B

One of the re-sale shops I go to has a bunch of refurbished Sabians. They look great - can't tell they were ever used. Well worth the price, I think.

Sabian is a great company.
I've had several custom things done by them, and every one has been right on the mark.
The cymbals that they have picked out for me (by Mark Love) when looking for something specific have been fantastic. I've even did some testing for them a couple years ago, which was pretty neat.

The cymbal refreshing is something they have done for quite a few years, and they haven't raised the cost on it either.

Back