SABIAN review of John Favicchia's clinic tours

John

First, let me say that I feel you are wonderful drummer, and I have enjoyed the clips I have seen of your playing.

That said, at the risk of sounding too critical, I would hope that you would begin participate in more of the discussions we have on our board, as many other drummers of note have. I'm sure many of us would benefit from your advise. That is, after all, the main goal of the board. Without that, then the board becomes little more than a self promotion vehicle, and speaking for myself, I would like to hear your takes on various topics as opposed to hearing about upcoming gigs.

Keep up the great work, however, and look forward to hearing your opinions on all things drumming!

Respectfully
J

Hey Jason:

Thanks for the note. I agree!! I have tried in the past to get more involved as well as I shared some of my teaching lessons here. With that said,Yes I really would like to get more involved and I will. Thanks for the advice!!!

John

Hey Delta-

Yes keeping my band together is not easy. I use world class players that are always on the road. My Trumpet player Carl Fischer works in Billy Joels band and my guitar player has his own touring group Special EFX. They key on keeping a band like this together is haveing 3 players ready on each instrument. For example. If Carl is out with Billy Joel I call Brad Mason. If he is not out with John Mayer then he does the gig. He has the charts and knows the tunes so he just shows up and plays.

So, the short answer is I have 3 players on each instrument that have the charts and know the music!! :)

Back