Sabian HHX

I have heard the sabian hhx at a drum clinic and loved the sound. is the performance pack worth it? (saw on ebay for 700 dollars) or are there cheaper cymbals with a similar sound out? I want to get cymbals that will last me forever without breaking and keeping a great sound.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
HHX are the best of Sabian IMO. I'm just in the process of changing mine because I wanted something more complexed & musical but with darkness & cut. That's a big ask. If you're keen on staying with the big 3, then HHX is a great choice. If you're after a more unique sound, there's many choices out there.

caddywumpus

Platinum Member
I have heard the sabian hhx at a drum clinic and loved the sound. is the performance pack worth it? (saw on ebay for 700 dollars)
Cheaper than buying them individually, so yes, if you dig ALL of the cymbals in the pack.

or are there cheaper cymbals with a similar sound out?
Yes, as keep it simple was alluding to. Cheaper and more complex-sounding cymbals are out there.

I want to get cymbals that will last me forever without breaking and keeping a great sound.
That's a tall order. Cymbals won't last forever. Maybe your cymbals will last you your whole life, but that's only if you take VERY good care of them and don't abuse them during handling or playing. Even the best-made cymbals can have some inconsistency that develops into a crack or weird overtone over the years through normal use...