Sabian HHX Studio Crash?

wolfgang

Hey everyone,
I'm in the market for a new crash, and the one looking most appealing to me right now is the HHX studio crash 17".
I was just wondering if anyone owns this cymbal and their thoughts on it.

Also, I was wondering if it would go well with my other cymbals. All the ones I have right now are fairly bright and I want something a bit darker like the HHX.

So right now I have:
16" Paiste PST3 (the one the HHX would replace)
14" Sabian Xs20 hats
18" Sabian Xs20 medium thin crash
18" Sabian Xs20 china
20: Sabian AA medium ride

Your comments will be very helpful. :)

Solaris

Silver Member
I haven't owned one but personally I think they are great crashes. If I was ever to replace my Paiste crashes the HHX Studio would definitely be in there.

I don't really have much experience with the Xs line, but a good idea would be to take your Xs crash in with you when you test out the HHX and see how they sound together.

shoedaddy

Other than Paiste Signatures, which I'm playing now, the HHX line is my favorite. I had the exact crash you're interested in, 17" Studio Crash, and it's a great crash. Probably my favorite of the HHX line of crashes (although I also like the Stage and HHXtreme crashes). The only problem I can see is that you're going to like it so much, you're going to want to replace the rest of your line with HHX's.

TenPastTen

Silver Member
I played the 16 HHX studio crash and loved it. I still have it, I just have a love affair with my Paiste Twentys right now. I really liked the Studio lines for crashes because they are thin and the Stage line for hats and ride because they are medium. Great cymbals.

Ainulindale

Gold Member
had a few chances to play the HHX and AAX Studio crashes and would say these are probably Sabian's best sounding crashes...

the HHX would be a nice upgrade!

wolfgang

Thanks for your help everyone. One day I plan to buy one of these, maybe even a whole set of HHX's, but they are a little out of my price range right now. With some birthday money I got a used AA rock crash and it'll do me just fine for now.

PineyplayParadiddles

I have a 17" HHX Studio crash and its amazing! It responds to a slap, is quite loud and blends with music really well. Its surprising how well it fits with my bright AAX Stage crash and my AAX Dark crash.