Sabian HHX 15" Hi-Hats - Groove Vs. X-celerator

Trying to decide for a future purchase between two of the HHX 15" Hi Hats - Groove Hats or X-celerator Hats. I'm sure this was discussed somewhere in this forum but always good to get fresh opinions. I play hard rock, funk and jazz so I would like some feedback on which pair would sound the best covering these styles?

KarlCrafton

Platinum Member
I LOVE both of these hats.
Hard to pick between them, but for rock and funk, I'd give the edge to the X-celerators.
Just because they'll let the air out quicker, and are going to cut a little bit more (and still have that warmer sound).
I love the raw bell on these models because of all the sounds you can get from them.
Opens up a lot more cool territory.

Good luck choosing!

I LOVE both of these hats.
Hard to pick between them, but for rock and funk, I'd give the edge to the X-celerators.
Just because they'll let the air out quicker, and are going to cut a little bit more (and still have that warmer sound).
I love the raw bell on these models because of all the sounds you can get from them.
Opens up a lot more cool territory.

Good luck choosing!
Thanks! I also just realized that (to name a few) John Bonham and Ian Paice played the 15" Paiste Soundwave Hats, which I suppose are the equivalent to the X-celerators being that they both have the wavy-edged bottom hats. Thing is I already own a pair of 14" AAX Stage Hats which sound great for rock/metal and cut through nicely. Maybe I should go with the Groove Hats since they don't cut through as much, which would be ideal for acoustic jazz as well as do the job for rock and funk.