Sabian finally listened?

Acidline303

Just got this 19" AAX dark crash back from Sabian on the warranty program. Opened it up and immediately noticed.....

The logos are smaller!

Our prayers were answered!

Is this just something they do to signify it was a warrantied cymbal or is it the plan for 2015?

customdrum

I have seen the smaller logos on some of the newer crashes so maybe its the new 2015 thing sabian is doing.

I wish they would engrave the size and model in the bell so people would know what it is when theres no logo, esp aax crashes sometimes its hard to tell what series they are when there no logos left

Superman

Gold Member
I have seen the smaller logos on some of the newer crashes so maybe its the new 2015 thing sabian is doing.

I wish they would engrave the size and model in the bell so people would know what it is when theres no logo, esp aax crashes sometimes its hard to tell what series they are when there no logos left
100% agree...I've gone to buy some used stuff and have not bought cymbals if I can't see a logo. They should engrave the model of every single cymbal.

RickP

Gold Member
I started drinking the Sabian koolaid again recently.
I have an HH/HHX set at my rehearsal space that I got in a trade.
I also traded my Paiste Dark Energy cymbals in for set of Sabian Artisans.

Paiste will always be my favourite but it is nice to have some different voices.

opentune

Platinum Member
Paiste fan here too but have also been drinking the koolaid.
21 HH ride and an 18 HH crash. Nice. I wipe their logos off the top with acetone.

porter

Platinum Member
Looks quite nice. I'm very interested to see how the HHX logos look now, I always loved the placement of those.

Winegums

Silver Member
Why do people care so much about the logo being gone on a used cymbal? You should be picking them based on their sound signature.

I like the new look but perhaps the seires logo is a bit on the small side.

KamaK

Platinum Member
Why do people care so much about the logo being gone on a used cymbal? You should be picking them based on their sound signature.
I'd assume it's only really an use during resale, and not an issue if the cymbal has other markings that validate the brand, type, and year (not the case with many older cymbals). I can see concerns for endorsed players, and those obsessed with brand image. Personally, I like to keep my nice gear looking stock, clean, and as the OEM intended in the event that I wish to resell later.

There's also something deeply personal that is felt when you clean and perform maintenance on an instrument. An empathetic connection with an inanimate device used for self expression. Hard to explain, but many will attest to it. Pride? Gun enthusiasts and classic car owners seem to exhibit the same strange behavior.

newoldie

Silver Member
I confess a love of showing off my cymbal logos, but no one's ever noticed them or knows what they mean besides me...
However, any sized logo is OK so long as the cymbal sounds great.

My 18 AAX Xplosion Crash is at Sabian now to thin out to the lowest Xplosion weight they build them at. This costs $40 with free shipping back.
They will re-logo it so I'll see what comes back logo-wise but am most looking forward to an easier opening crash.

braincramp

Gold Member
I was always told size did not matter.. Nice cymbal! just got my 19" dark yesterday and it is a good bit darker then I remember the 18" I owned being.. not that there's anything wrong with that.. love the cymbal and it plays well with my 17" K hybrid.. though still deciding which get the "main crash" label..

Acidline303

I like the new look but perhaps the seires logo is a bit on the small side.

The series logo is right about the size they used to print from 1994 to about 2008. On those older ones the model text used to be beside the series ink. It's the Sabian logo being toned down thats the big and welcome change.

It looks like a more confident company to me.