Sabian DAVE WECKL Serenity Flat Ride

So did I,but @$500 plus not cheap.
FYI ,they've got one at Dubs in Dublin Ca.

From what I've heard ,Dave gets a $ percentage of all the cymbals associated with his name.
Must be nice.

From what I've heard ,Dave gets a $ percentage of all the cymbals associated with his name.
Must be nice.
I guess when you spend 3 years of your life developing a cymbal you would hope to get a little something something. Then again I would do it for nothing to get my own cymbal made.

I've always loved the sound of a flat ride. Maybe one day i can incorporate one in my setup, but since i play prog metal a subtle ride is that last thing i need :p

So are we, as an online drumming community, done being mad at Sabian for changing their logo?

-Jonathan

THIS IS SARCASM

I've always loved the sound of a flat ride. Maybe one day i can incorporate one in my setup, but since i play prog metal a subtle ride is that last thing i need :p
Buy 2, 21" prog hats :)
Let us know how you like it!
Let me know what you think of it.
So are we, as an online drumming community, done being mad at Sabian for changing their logo?

-Jonathan

THIS IS SARCASM
I am 50/50 on it, I can't see it from the top so not a real big deal.....I do prefer the old logo though.

• Haha
Reactions: iCe
Nice ride, but I’ll stick with my Zildjian 20” K Custom Flat Top ride. What Roy Haynes has been using for years.

Nice ride, but I’ll stick with my Zildjian 20” K Custom Flat Top ride. What Roy Haynes has been using for years

Buy 2, 21" prog hats :)

Let me know what you think of it.

I am 50/50 on it, I can't see it from the top so not a real big deal.....I do prefer the old logo though.
It's funny because objectively, Zildjian's font isn't great, nor is Paiste's. I actually think Paiste has the worst logo, but I don't mean to derail the thread.

This was an awesome video, and I hope I get a chance to try one of these rides in the future!

-Jonathan

Not at all, it's hideous and I'd never buy one of their cymbals because of it. I'm completely serious.
I don't blame you, doesn't really affect me as this and the Sucherman ride are the only Sabian I own and the logo is pretty hard to see on the underside.

It's funny because objectively, Zildjian's font isn't great, nor is Paiste's. I actually think Paiste has the worst logo, but I don't mean to derail the thread.

This was an awesome video, and I hope I get a chance to try one of these rides in the future!

-Jonathan
I have always been a fan of the Zildjian logo but for me the old bold caps "FAST CRASH" or "CUSTOM" stamped on the top really made it for me. I guess I am from that older generation where that was the style at the time.

See...a flat ride like this would do great for my rockabilly work. Great stick definition (even more if you use nylon tips like me), nice, low wash & not much "crashability" (something not needed much as I have a crash cymbal for that).

I might look into this as I like to have a couple rides to choose from for the needs of the gig.
Thanks for posting!

Nice ride, but I’ll stick with my Zildjian 20” K Custom Flat Top ride. What Roy Haynes has been using for years.

I have to agree, I love my 20 K custom. I've had mine for over 15 years...didn't know this Roy preferred. Roy didn't like Chick's Paiste flat...said it was 'dull'.

There are ways to screw up recording a flat ride, they are softer sounding but they can be really special if captured correctly (and played as balanced with the kit).

Back