Sabian Big and Ugly 24" King Ride

SgtThump

Platinum Member
I've checked out every Sabian Big and Ugly I've run across hoping to find one that grabs me. None have until the other day when I heard this 24" King model. I didn't buy it that day, but I thought about it for a few days.

I went back and hit it again and it sounded better than I remembered before, so I snagged it. LOL... Not cheap, but such a blast to play. I wanted a cool, but different ride to fit in with my Artisan light ride and I'm glad to say that I found it!

Here's a video I just made today of my 22" Artisan Light Ride and 24" HH King Ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsqiuZfDZFM&feature=youtu.be

Anyone else a fan?

Chris

Last edited:

mike d

Silver Member
Great video comparo and some nice playing! Thanks! I really like my 22"B&U HHX Phoenix and 24" Apollo.

Winegums

Silver Member
I can't stand the Big and Ugly line up. =(

I just can't get into the sound signature they were going for at all.

gdmoore28

Gold Member
I can't stand the Big and Ugly line up. =(

I just can't get into the sound signature they were going for at all.
Neither can I. No dig on them at all - they're just not my cup 'o tea. The XS20 Monarch comes close, but no cigar.

GeeDeeEmm

SgtThump

Platinum Member
Bummer! But, I feel the same way about most of the B&U line myself. Cool cymbals, but nothing I'd really use. I totally dig this King ride, though!

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I have a 24 inch B&U Apollo. Play that with a AA Raw Bell ride. Like the difference and they do compliment each other

dzarren

Most definetly my favorite ride of the series!
I play for a few minutes every time i go to the store.

cant afford it though.