Sabian AAX Dry ride 20"

Hi all,

Any opinions on this ride please? I'm building up a kit again after a long time of playing electric drums and found this bargain on eBay. Only problem is that there's nowhere I can go and hear the sound of it with my own ears. Has anyone played one? What does it sound like. Cheers

Thanks for your reply. Have found it on mycymbal.com however was hoping for a comparison to a similar cymbal that I may have heard. Sorry for the confusion.

If it's a bargain, get it. If you don't like it, flip it.

If it's really a bargain, it's probably gone.

I have the AA 21 inch and for me it the perfect fit. Perfect wash and not too much ping. I realize it's not apples to apples but much closer than comparing other brands

I think it’s similar to the K Custom Dry Ride, though it seems a bit lighter. If the deal you found is < $150, my guess is that’s a reflection of that cymbal’s market. I’ve been stuck with my K Custom Dry for a while — I detest it, and I can’t seem to sell it for the $160 or so I paid.

In my opinion, heavyish Dry rides are not worth taking a swing on, unless you’re ok with reselling for it for less than you got, or if they’re dirt cheap. Good luck with whatever you choose!

I have one of those. The Youtube videos are accurate, at least very close to how mine sounds. Mine has good ping, and good bell, and it is crashable. Peace and goodwill.

Ok great. To be honest I don't know much about cymbals to know what is a 'perfect' cymbal for me. I just want something that will sound good when I play rock/ alternative rock. Looking to gig in the future. This cymbal caught my eye because its a bargain in my opinion for a AAX line (>£50).

Now it is my only ride cymbal. Peace and goodwill.

Back