Sabian AAX 8" Aero Splash

My thoughts: I like the 8" splash, but I woudn't get one with holes in it. It takes away too much volume IMO. But the tone is still nice. If you like it, that's all that matters.

My thoughts: I like the 8" splash, but I woudn't get one with holes in it. It takes away too much volume IMO. But the tone is still nice. If you like it, that's all that matters.

Yeah I'd imagine it would be pretty quiet, but the 10" version also sounds pretty good on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47gHwUP9TTY

If you guys know any other splashes with this sort of sound and tone, please feel free to suggest them!

I use just 1 splash....a 10" Sabian AAX cymbal...OMG my poor little splash has taken MAJOR abuse. One of my things is after certain songs, during the endings I would purposely abuse this splash...mainly for the entertainment factor. I've mercilessly pummelled that cymbal, actually trying to break it. Imagine hitting it like 20 times in quick succession...really hard and merciless....in the space of like 5 seconds. I haven't broken it yet, but I did bend it. I can't believe this little thing hasn't even cracked since 2006 when I started using it. If it does break, I have 2 more at home waiting for the day it cracks. It doesn't owe me a thing at this point. I got my 109 dollars worth out of it many times over. I really dig the 10" size for a splash.

Back