Sabian 14" HH FUSION HATS

BabyBob

Silver Member
Hello, just wanna know what are your thoughts on those hats? As I think I may have found a steal (getting it used if it's good) Just need some pointers to what to watch out for.

Thanks.
BB

I own some (formerly 13") AA Fusion hats, which are similar. Love 'em, the bottom hat is a beast, extra heavy, so there's no way he could have damaged it, I think the bottom hat is what really makes it what it is, so I'd go for it, and you can change out the top hat if you need to. I actually cut my hats down to 12" and I now have the bottom fusion hat paired with an AAX Metal Splash (which is a god-awful splash, but a great hi-hat top).

I really want to test out an AAXplosion, or HHXplosion crash as a top hat over a fusion-hat bottom. If I was dripping with money, I'd custom order some 12" and 13" AAXplosion and HHXplosion crashes and more fusion hat bottoms and try it out. So if you have any 14" crashes at all, and you end up getting these Hi-hats, Let me know how well it works.

I own them. I like them a lot and used them for several years. Mine are brilliant finish. The bottom hat is a thick heavy cymbal with vent holes. The pair feel very stiff. They put out volume wise for rock very well (dark). They are good heavy hi hats overall. They are my side hats now. I always wanted new beats and I finally got them so the new beats are my main hats. (that's just a personal taste change though)

I also own the 13 AA fusion non brilliant finish. I can't say they are similar. My 13's are really high pitched and bright sounding compared to the 14 fusion hats. AA is vintage bright and hh is vintage dark.

I don't use the 13's anymore.

I own some (formerly 13") AA Fusion hats, which are similar. Love 'em, the bottom hat is a beast, extra heavy, so there's no way he could have damaged it, I think the bottom hat is what really makes it what it is, so I'd go for it, and you can change out the top hat if you need to. I actually cut my hats down to 12" and I now have the bottom fusion hat paired with an AAX Metal Splash (which is a god-awful splash, but a great hi-hat top).

I really want to test out an AAXplosion, or HHXplosion crash as a top hat over a fusion-hat bottom. If I was dripping with money, I'd custom order some 12" and 13" AAXplosion and HHXplosion crashes and more fusion hat bottoms and try it out. So if you have any 14" crashes at all, and you end up getting these Hi-hats, Let me know how well it works.

Hmm I see, but I don't have 14" crash oh well...

I own them. I like them a lot and used them for several years. Mine are brilliant finish. The bottom hat is a thick heavy cymbal with vent holes.

I think the one I may be getting is the traditional finish. Will it be that different? (Traditional vs Brilliant)

The pair feel very stiff. They put out volume wise for rock very well (dark). They are good heavy hi hats overall. They are my side hats now. I always wanted new beats and I finally got them so the new beats are my main hats. (that's just a personal taste change though)

What do you mean by very stiff? Yeah the seller also says the same thing very nice chick and loud.

I also own the 13 AA fusion non brilliant finish. I can't say they are similar. My 13's are really high pitched and bright sounding compared to the 14 fusion hats. AA is vintage bright and hh is vintage dark.

I don't use the 13's anymore.

Hmm will take note. :)

I think the one I may be getting is the traditional finish. Will it be that different? (Traditional vs Brilliant

traditional = dark or mellow & brilliant = bright

What do you mean by very stiff? Yeah the seller also says the same thing very nice chick and loud.

They don't really wash or give in to hard sticking if that makes sense. The bronze seems really dense. The bottom cymbal is really thick and the top cymbal is a little less thicker than the bottom. They are loud but dark. I don't know how to describe it better. They are solid hi hats. Maybe the sabian website has samples.

traditional = dark or mellow & brilliant = bright

Hmm I see, didn't know the finish will make sonic difference.

They don't really wash or give in to hard sticking if that makes sense. The bronze seems really dense. The bottom cymbal is really thick and the top cymbal is a little less thicker than the bottom. They are loud but dark. I don't know how to describe it better. They are solid hi hats. Maybe the sabian website has samples.

I see, heard some samples from youtube...man it does sound good.

Bob - these aren't too far away from the AAX Fast hats that I use. Extra heavy bottom, medium top, vent holes, yadda yadda yadda... Long and short of it if a crisp and final chick with the foot, a very clear and cutting stick definition and potential for big volume/sound when open playing.

I really like mine, though I wouldn't rock up to a jazz gig with them.

I think they'd suit that stadium ride you were looking at.

Bob - these aren't too far away from the AAX Fast hats that I use. Extra heavy bottom, medium top, vent holes, yadda yadda yadda... Long and short of it if a crisp and final chick with the foot, a very clear and cutting stick definition and potential for big volume/sound when open playing.

I really like mine, though I wouldn't rock up to a jazz gig with them.

I think they'd suit that stadium ride you were looking at.

Yea that was what I was thinking...Stadium Ride + these hats = awesomeness!

Very 'chick' sounding, not my taste really (I'm more of a super dark, trashy guy), but I think you'd like them!
Listen to a pair here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLGOX14ZZ70

Hmm man I like his playing. Yea this confirms my chick theory lol

So it seems the Hats isn't 14" but 13" good or bad thing?

Also here's a pic

546533_4129871927818_1798966374_n.jpg

i have 13" AA fusion hats... used to love them but not so much anymore. the AA's are way too bright and dont do a nice open sound in my opinion. great for closed tight chik sounds. not sure about the HH's but thats my 2cents on AA fusion hats.

Hmm...I see but shouldn't the HH be like dark? AFAIK HH is dark sounding and AA is bright sounding...

Back