Rush - YYZ - Full band cover (studio quality)

dtrushr30dw

Hey guys! I posted my drum cover of YYZ a while back. My friends and I decided to make a full band cover of it for YouTube. Everyone in the band is between ages 16 and 20. We are from all over the world. The bassist is from Indonesia (16). The guitarist is from Wisconsin U.S. (19). The keyboardist is from Germany (20). And I'm from Indiana (17).
Let me know what you think! :) Should we do more full band covers?
-Jackson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kjhF9kwLGw

Stroman

Platinum Member
That's great! I love the idea of the online band. I've done some long distance recording as well, but never even thought of doing a vid like this. I was just a hired gun.

Talented group of people!!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that's a tough ask! A bit of timing disconnection between the players, but that's completely understandable given how this was "assembled". You should all be very proud of this. Stunning playing!

dtrushr30dw

Wow, that's a tough ask! A bit of timing disconnection between the players, but that's completely understandable given how this was "assembled". You should all be very proud of this. Stunning playing!
Thank you! It was our first time trying this out. I'm proud of the finished product although my drumming wasn't as tight as it could have been (with finals it's been hard finding time to record). Thanks for checking it out!

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Nice!

Wow, how did you assemble it? Who started? Or did everyone just play to the original track and hoped it lined up?

How did you ever hook up with the right players to make it happen?

Nice drum tone too.

dtrushr30dw

Nice!

Wow, how did you assemble it? Who started? Or did everyone just play to the original track and hoped it lined up?

How did you ever hook up with the right players to make it happen?

Nice drum tone too.
I the keyboardist and guitarist are both guitarists in an online band called Damned Empire. They saw my covers a while back and asked me to join there band. So I agreed and we're currently working on recording an album. The bassist and I met through a split screen project that never worked out. The guitarist flaked out on us. (He was 16 as well and could play Dream Theater songs spot on). Anyways, I coordinated it an went through a bunch of guitarists trying to find one who would do it and the guy in my online band agreed to doing it. We all recorded along to the original song and I lined up the tracks when mixing. My mastering abilities ruined the mix in my opinion.. I need to work on that. Thanks for checking it out. (Sorry for the long reply)

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I the keyboardist and guitarist are both guitarists in an online band called Damned Empire. They saw my covers a while back and asked me to join there band. So I agreed and we're currently working on recording an album. The bassist and I met through a split screen project that never worked out. The guitarist flaked out on us. (He was 16 as well and could play Dream Theater songs spot on). Anyways, I coordinated it an went through a bunch of guitarists trying to find one who would do it and the guy in my online band agreed to doing it. We all recorded along to the original song and I lined up the tracks when mixing. My mastering abilities ruined the mix in my opinion.. I need to work on that. Thanks for checking it out. (Sorry for the long reply)
No need to be sorry!

I just never heard of anyone doing such a project in such an international online only fashion.
Certainly beats putting an ad in the paper, which how it worked when I was 17. heh.