Rubber strip that came with drum kit?

Advinghelli

My drum kit came with a mysterious rubber strip. It was 3" long, 1"wide , 1" tall. It had a flat bottom and grooves on top. I believe it had something to do with the bass drum. Perhaps it went on bottom, to prevent sliding and spread its weight from the bass pedal. After a year, I have since lost it. Ant idea what it was, and do I need to find or replace it?

My drum kit came with a mysterious rubber strip. It was 3" long, 1"wide , 1" tall. It had a flat bottom and grooves on top. I believe it had something to do with the bass drum. Perhaps it went on bottom, to prevent sliding and spread its weight from the bass pedal. After a year, I have since lost it. Ant idea what it was, and do I need to find or replace it?
You put it on the hoop where the pedal clamps on it.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
1 inch tall is too tall for the pedal mount. 3 x 1 x 1/8th might work. How about a photo??

vyacheslav

My guess is the bass drum has metal hoops. If so, there is a "groove" in the hoop that makes it nearly impossible to clamp a pedal to. The rubber strip fits inside the groove and makes it level, so the pedal can grip to the hoop normally.

Advinghelli

1 inch tall is too tall for the pedal mount. 3 x 1 x 1/8th might work. How about a photo??
I wish I could post a photo, but I don't know what happened to it. I had it sitting on the top edge of m bass drum, it kinda fit there. It was probably less than an inch tall. I think a guard from the pedal sounds on the money though.

Advinghelli

My guess is the bass drum has metal hoops. If so, there is a "groove" in the hoop that makes it nearly impossible to clamp a pedal to. The rubber strip fits inside the groove and makes it level, so the pedal can grip to the hoop normally.
That sounds about right. It is in fact a metal hoop. I use a rug so nothing moves or falls off. However, if I adjust my bass drum the double pedal does usually falls off.

Advinghelli

I was looking at my hoop and it is slightly crimped on the bottom where the pedal attaches and theres a tiny scratch where it bolts down. Hopefully that doesn't effect sound.