RotodruM new concept drum

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Riccardo,

I applaud your work. I know just how difficult it is to develop a new product in the drum industry, & especially one that goes against the accepted thinking of the drumming community. I completely buy into the principal of sympathetic resonance, it's how many instruments produce their sound, and exactly how we humans hear & appreciate sound. I use the same principal in my latest development, & it has much merit, but also challenges.

Drummers are used to a sound being shaped by the shell itself. To some (including me), the sound of your kit may be a bit sterile, but that's a very personal perspective. The shell adds it's own character & focusses the head response, but this brings many overtones to the party. Some overtones are good, & give the drum warmth & depth, some are bad, & detract from the fundamental head resonance tone. Your drums concentrate on the head resonance fundamental. This is great for obtaining a clean tone with great control. That's why I believe it makes a superb basis for studio work. It provides a clean foundation for building sounds from the desk, & that makes it a versatile tool in multi genre recording situations such as a studio house kit. It's also great through a PA for the same reason, & finally, there's drummers out there who like that clean fundamental tone as the basis for their sound. It has visual & practical advantages too, so I think it's a great product with wide appeal. The challenge is getting drummers to look past the accepted view of sound & aesthetic, & actually think what they could do with your kit.

Personally, I like a strong shell tone, even with the challenges that presents. Also, your kit might struggle against the attack & projection offered by a standard kit construction in a loud unmic'd setting, but that's fine. My advice is to avoid swimming against the tide. Trying to present your kit as being ideal for every player & every situation will akways invite counter views. Those views, although valid, detract from the excellent advantages you have to offer. Play to the strengths of the product, & target applications where the advantages are clearly appreciated.

It's a tough journey you're on, & you should be congratulated for introducing innovation into a very conservative market. Most major drum companies are focussed much more on their latest range of finishes, or just another marketing angle for essentially the same product that's existed for decades. Innovation is to be encouraged, that's how the industry moves forward, & to the benefit of all.

Keep at it Riccardo, you're doing a great job, & I'm a fan. Andy.

rotodrum

www.rotodrum.com ,
Hello guys, how are you, sorry my hiding ..... I wanted to share that make you want to try RotodruM I'm an exhibitor at the 2013 NAMM booth 2364 Hall D from 24 \ 27 January will present the world premiere of the series RotodruM Avantime III further enhanced .... I have two free tickets to enter ..... hello all Riccardo

rotodrum

www.rotodrum.com ,
Hello guys, how are you, sorry my hiding ..... I wanted to share that make you want to try RotodruM I'm an exhibitor at the 2013 NAMM booth 2364 Hall D from 24 \ 27 January will present the world premiere of the series RotodruM Avantime III further enhanced .... I have two free tickets to enter ..... hello all Riccardo

colonnine01.jpg
ERGAL Alluminium aerospaziale

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Where would I order an AvanTime III snare?

rotodrum

Hello guys, it's a lot that I do not write in the forum, excuse me ... I had a lot to do, many fairs and many commitments ..... I invite you to visit my new site
www.rotodrum.com
and my channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/rotodrum
.... I am the latest news; RotoGO the series! economic series .... RotogosT series acrylic .... the ..... RototrolleY and Roto Power balance system ... you can see the video by my website or on Youtube channel,,,,, ok short other news from RotodruM ... stay tuned ..... for those interested I have two drumkits for sale former fair .. at very good prices
1 * RotoGO! 10 \ 12 \ 14 \ 22 \ s14
1 * RotohosT 8 \ 10 \ 12 \ 14 \ 20 \ s14
2 * Roto snare series avantime III 13 "maple shell
1 * Roto snare series avantime III 12 "maple shell
1 * Roto snare series avantime III 10 "aluminum shell