roto tom position

mapexzil

I'm trying to position a roto tom and I can't use the stand because I'm placing it right over the bassdrum. what I've done is duct taped it to a small cymbal stand, but I don't look at that as a long term solution. it also sags because the duct tape doesn't keep it steady. thoughts?

Last edited:

harryconway

Platinum Member
Use a RIMS mount, and then cut down the center bolt, or just replace it with a shorter one.​
I've mounted 8, 10, 12 inch roto toms on RIMS mounts ... they work great.​

mapexzil

sorry but could you give me a link of what that is I'm on their website and not sure what to get. thanks for the response.

harryconway

Platinum Member
You've got all the parts you need. Use the top tube of the roto-tom stand, which that black roto-mount-thang is attached, and use it in place of the knurled cymbal boom​
or
Attach the black roto-mount-thang to the end of the knurled cymbal boom.​

mapexzil

You've got all the parts you need. Use the top tube of the roto-tom stand, which that black roto-mount-thang is attached, and use it in place of the knurled cymbal boom​
or
Attach the black roto-mount-thang to the end of the knurled cymbal boom.​
the first option doesn't work because the top tube is too wide too fit into the boom thing. I might try the second option, but it will require some power tools.

thanks for the responses harry

harryconway

Platinum Member
I might try the second option, but it will require some power tools.

thanks for the responses harry
Indeed, I am a firm believer in "power tools" ... I mounted 5 roto toms onto 5 Tama Titan boom arms, with those black block widgie thangs, back around 1980.​