"Rosalinda's Eyes" -- Liberty DeVitto

Vinny

Does anyone have the drum tabs for "Rosalinda's Eyes" by Liberty DeVitto that they can send to me?

Thanks,
Vinny

Thin Shell

I don't but starting around 4:25 you get to hear the main beat with no accompaniment. It's a deceptively simple beat and fits that song so well.

Vinny

Thanks!
I noticed that as well as to the beat at the end.
But I know he hits the tom and the bass drum.
I cant tell how to put that together.

Sebenza

Thanks!
I noticed that as well as to the beat at the end.
But I know he hits the tom and the bass drum.
I cant tell how to put that together.
Basic beat sounds to me like this (with a lot of variations but the basic beat is still there)
And then at the end it's a pattern like this (again with a bunch of variations, but if I were to jot down the basics, it'd be this) Hihat can be eights throughout or the cowbell like the original

Just a quick listen though, first time I hear that song. Basically a samba type feel

Last edited:

Vinny

Sebenza that is awesome! Thank you sooo much! That sounds exactly like Liberty's.
And thank you for introducing me to Groove Scribe. What a cool tool.

Sebenza

Sebenza that is awesome! Thank you sooo much! That sounds exactly like Liberty's.
And thank you for introducing me to Groove Scribe. What a cool tool.
You're welcome. As an aside, do yourself a favor and twiddle around with Groove Scribe somewhat and see how all those hits on the grid relate to the music notation above...you can teach yourself regular drum (and music rhythm) notation that way. Once you get the hang of it, you won't be restricted to "drum tabs" anymore ;)

vyacheslav

I remember seeing Liberty give a clinic in the late 80's. For Rosalinda's Eyes, he said he basically copied his beat from "Just The Way You Are" but changed it up a little bit, so people couldn't say "Well that guy is very limited"!

Fun Fact, Billy Joel's 52nd Street was the first ever release on a brand spanking new format called "Compact Disc".