Roland V-drums TD-11KV vs TD-07DMK

Appy Gallos

Hi everybody,

Can someone tells me which of these two series better is (comparable qua price...)?
=> TD-11KV or TD-07DMK

Thanks folks!
Appy

electrodrummer

"better" is subjective, obs :)
The TD-07 is some 10+ years newer

Download and read the manuals to compare specifications - all free on Roland's site.

(both got evil proprietary cable snakes, though ;) )

ColdFusion

I own a TD-11KV, and I've looked at pictures of the TD-07DMK. Off the top of my head a few possible comparisons.

The TD-07DMK has a newer module, that may be a big deal if there are more cherry sounds in there than in the TD-11 module. That said, the TD-11 module has enough fresh sounds for all of my fusion recording.

The TD-11KV stock bass drum pad is too small to accommodate a double bass pedal (KD-9). I've seen a couple pictures of the TD-07DMK where the stock bass pad (KD-2?) was worn in two spots, as though someone had been happily using it with a double kick pedal.

The photos I've seen of the TD-07DMK have the lower-end cymbal pads (CY-5). These things can be upgraded, but it's nice to have your best triggers right out of the box. My TD-11KV came with a CY-12 crash and a CY-13 ride pad. I was also able to add another CY-12 with the "Crash 2" output on the TD-11 module.

Last edited:

doggyd69b

Silver Member
I own a TD-11KV, and I've looked at pictures of the TD-07DMK. Off the top of my head a few possible comparisons.

The TD-07DMK has a newer module, that may be a big deal if there are more cherry sounds in there than in the TD-11 module. That said, the TD-11 module has enough fresh sounds for all of my fusion recording.

The TD-11KV stock bass drum pad is too small to accommodate a double bass pedal (KD-9). I've seen a couple pictures of the TD-07DMK where the stock bass pad (KD-2?) was worn in two spots, as though someone had been happily using it with a double kick pedal.

The photos I've seen of the TD-07DMK have the lower-end cymbal pads (CY-5). These things can be upgraded, but it's nice to have your best triggers right out of the box. My TD-11KV came with a CY-12 crash and a CY-13 ride pad. I was also able to add another CY-12 with the "Crash 2" output on the TD-11 module.
Td 11 can accommodate most double pedals just fine.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eh05fkZFrns